Lt. Commander
# 1 Internal Genesis System Error
03-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Mission Number: ST-TPYFO2WKN

All of a sudden (just when I was putting the finishing touches to my mission before publishing) I'm getting an "Internal Genesis System Error" on the second of my three maps.

Has I been working on that map I would revert whatever I had done last and see if that helps... only, I wasn't working on it so I have no idea what component/action etc. has caused the error.

Help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellbristow View Post
Mission Number: ST-TPYFO2WKN

All of a sudden (just when I was putting the finishing touches to my mission before publishing) I'm getting an "Internal Genesis System Error" on the second of my three maps.

Has I been working on that map I would revert whatever I had done last and see if that helps... only, I wasn't working on it so I have no idea what component/action etc. has caused the error.

Help!
I got those a lot in early beta testing, especially when using component complete with triggers. Try undoing a few triggers, and you might isolate which one is causing the problem. If you can identify which one, try deleting the object and putting it back into the map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I got those a lot in early beta testing, especially when using component complete with triggers. Try undoing a few triggers, and you might isolate which one is causing the problem. If you can identify which one, try deleting the object and putting it back into the map.
I'll give that a go

*quivers at the prospect of hunting through all those components*
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Same here: "Internal Genesis System Error generating map"
Cant load the 2nd of 3 maps in my project.
Project-ID: ST-TIJBA89OS

Edit:
I started deleting dialogtrees and after each i tried to play the map -> error
After deleting 5 dialog trees the map worked again.
Anyone know about a dialogtreecap or something?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
ellbristow, did you ever get this figured out?

I *ahem* borrowed your project and looked at it on my QA server and I didn't see any errors with your project.

WinterWunsch -- there are budgets for everything, but I don't know of anything like what you experienced.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
ellbristow, did you ever get this figured out?
To be totally honest... I've not tried it since the latest tribble update... I will take a look at it and get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I *ahem* borrowed your project and looked at it on my QA server and I didn't see any errors with your project.
I had hoped someone would try that interesting to know... the latest patch may have fixed it somehow? I'll let you know.

Edit: Now get back to working on something more important Zero! :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Can I join the club?

Project-ID: ST-HN8PONIW9
This is on Holodeck

I get the error when I try to play the "Yridian Ship" map, the other maps work fine.
Before I got the error I changed a lot of "When Objective in Progress" triggers to "When Component Complete", because I got a different error when trying to trigger a dialog tree via "objective in progress".

Granted, I use a lot of triggers on that map, and if there's a limit I'd like to know about it (because I'm not nearly finished!)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Well, while we're talking about it, I'll add in my two cents as well.

Project ID: ST-HHS3TEBSB if anyone decides to look.

I receive the error on the second map and since I've finished out the mission storyline, on quite a few other maps as well. I've tried using three different maps for my second map and I've deleted all items from the maps several times. Not sure what could be causing the error. I may go back and try deleting the component completes 1 by 1 later tonight. Hope this helps.

Edit: I managed a fix. I went back like a previous post said and tried adding items to the map one by one. Turns out there's a problem with the "Component Complete" setting. Any time I tried to use it, I would get the Internal Genesis error. What I did instead was additional objectives in the storyline to initiate the same action. See if this works for you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2011, 07:20 AM
I receive that error also on a Risa map. It occurs when I try to link popup dialog boxes together to simulate 2 NPCs having a conversation.

The first popup (#20) is triggered when you reach a place marker. My problem starts when I add another popup (#21) and trigger it when the component completes (popup #20).