Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Why would it? They made the Vault, which is supposed to be the size of a small moon, at least according to in game dialogue.
I always thought the Vault was weird. You would think that the Federation would have noticed something that big wouldn't you
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Wouldn't a sequel be VI'ger? One thing is for sure, that surface was a long walk. Great time to add in pony riding tech DStahl
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Why would it? They made the Vault, which is supposed to be the size of a small moon, at least according to in game dialogue.
That's no moon. It's a space station!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
That's no moon. It's a space station!
And so it begins... lol

Anyway, since it got destroyed V'Ger junior could be good, I don't really think the Borg (if you take it that way) would care about cost though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
If you have read the Destiny series books, it has a very interesting story as to the beginning of the Borg

Spoiler: The very first Borg were humans from the starship Columbia. They were orcefully merged (assimilated) by a noncomporial being known as Ceiliar. Of course the end of that series takes place before the STO timeframe and they were eliminated completely. So if you go by that, the Borg should not even be in game.
I suppose as the Borg expanded their empire, they came accross Voyager 6. Reprogramed it, gave it a ship, and sent it back to Earth. That would be a good reason as to why they were so infactuated with Earth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiFan_78 View Post
If you have read the Destiny series books, it has a very interesting story as to the beginning of the Borg

Spoiler: The very first Borg were humans from the starship Columbia. They were orcefully merged (assimilated) by a noncomporial being known as Ceiliar. Of course the end of that series takes place before the STO timeframe and they were eliminated completely. So if you go by that, the Borg should not even be in game.
I suppose as the Borg expanded their empire, they came accross Voyager 6. Reprogramed it, gave it a ship, and sent it back to Earth. That would be a good reason as to why they were so infactuated with Earth.
You mentioned it...

I hate you, in a very real and meaningful sense. *turns off life support*

I think the only thing worse than the Star Wars EU is the Star trek EU.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
You mentioned it...

I hate you, in a very real and meaningful sense. *turns off life support*

I think the only thing worse than the Star Wars EU is the Star trek EU.
I do understand your problem with the story. I must admit though. I was getting sick of the Borg. I was actually glad to see them go. David Mack did and excellent job of telling the story, whether you liked it or not. Just my opinion though.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Hearing about that was like a turd dropping in to my drink.

In no way was it not a disgusting annoyance.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Hearing about that was like a turd dropping in to my drink.

In no way was it not a disgusting annoyance.
Order a better drink then. :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.Brex
And so it begins... lol

Anyway, since it got destroyed V'Ger junior could be good, I don't really think the Borg (if you take it that way) would care about cost though.
In this economy?!? Everyone is cutting back! I just got attacked by a klingon warship. The commander said he could only afford to slaughter half my crew!! (rimshot!)

Thank you! I am here all week! No.. wait I have a lifetime sub. I am here FOREVER!