Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Your setup doesn't matter.
Your skills don't matter.

Use whatever you like.

The one most deciding factor in PvP is teamwork.
Without it you may as well just surrender.

Get the teamwork aspect down and you can do pretty well in PvP no matter what your setup is.
Usually if you keep getting mauled it's because the other side is implimenting better teamwork.

If you join a PvP match you generally know in the first 60 seconds whether this is going to be a fight, or just another waste of time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
LoL. You are partially right. Teamwork is a hugely important determining factor in success. But you are understanding the importance of a balanced build to suit your play style in such a way that best compliments the team. Suppose the rest of your team followed the philosophy that they should do what they want and count on teamwork. PuG experience demonstrates that the end result is a bunch of cruisers loading up on the usual self loving abilities tickilng each other to death by boredom with a rainbow of energy weapons and transphasic cluster crap.

What skills you bring and how you invest your skill points is actually quite important if you want to be a contributing member of any team.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Yep, what are you gonna do for the team, should be one of the driving forces behind your selection of powers,skills,ship and play style. What you would like to do should be the other.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I used to die easily as a tac in a defiant, then I learned what I did wrong and made it extremely lethal.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
What he said
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2011, 07:44 AM
I find it weird that the OP hasnt bothered to respond past his 1st post. Troll? Kid in school? Mommy took internet away?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
I find it weird that the OP hasnt bothered to respond past his 1st post. Troll? Kid in school? Mommy took internet away?
Thread got moved unexpectedly into the PvP ghetto? :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-29-2011, 08:11 AM
To the OP if you have only a MKI shield do not PvP until you have at least MK X....just kidding really. Just post your build and skill point allocation anyone one of us for the most part will help. Some of us will be more helpful then others due to experience.