Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Has anything changed with healing recently?

I'm checking the game out after a long break. I think I quit around September or October of last year (can't really remember). I was going to look in on Faithborn's guide but apparently he's gone, and there don't seem to be any recent healing guides.

Right now I'm basically using my old builds, and they seem to work. Stuff that was bad, like Extend Shields, still seems kind of bad. I've noticed some different buffs for hull and shield regeneration on other players, but I'm not sure if they are something new or just new buff and icon descriptions on old abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Healing is very strong at the moment and there is plenty of time to heal yourself when most people shoot at you.

Some new buffs you may see could be from the Ageis or Borg equipment sets
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post
Healing is very strong at the moment and there is plenty of time to heal yourself when most people shoot at you.

Some new buffs you may see could be from the Ageis or Borg equipment sets
Thanks. Healing does seem very strong right now. I had a couple matches in me Star Cruiser last night where people thought it would be a good idea to focus-fire me for whatever reason; I couldn't keep my shields up, but the old hull healing/resistance stuff seems to be plenty.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Extend Shields has gotten better, as its range has been increased to 7.5 km and it reappies itself again. I think that was the only bigger change since faithborn's healer build thread.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2011, 10:31 AM
The new tac team is hawtness. Not healing but still a great preventative measure.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Extend Shields has gotten better, as its range has been increased to 7.5 km and it reappies itself again. I think that was the only bigger change since faithborn's healer build thread.
Thanks. I've usually kept a copy of it on cruisers just to have a shield heal of some sort. Might have to look at giving it more priority.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Welcome Back.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Take a look at the Borg set and it's stats, it's pretty... interesting.

2 Borg + 2 Aegis is the way to go nowadays.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
The new tac team is hawtness. Not healing but still a great preventative measure.
It would seem to overlap a bit with Sci Team now. I'm guessing that Tac Team would be better for helping someone survive under fire, while Sci Team would be more for topping off shields out of combat? I'm experimenting with it on my science ship right now, but my cruiser is the one I have trouble keeping shields up on.

If I understand correctly, Tac Team redistributes shield power rather than healing? Does spamming the Distribute Shield Power button interfere with it? That might be a hard habit to break.

I'm testing it out, but I'm getting up to speed on other things too, so I'm not always noticing effects of things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I tend to use tac team over sci team when they have sufficient shields to distribute. I like to keep sci team available for utility to clear sci debuffs. If you get SNB'd after using a sci team then you're kinda in trouble :/
But yes, tac team when they're under fire and sci team when they're not (or occasionally when tac team is on cooldown).

From what I can tell, spamming distribute doesn't affect it that much because tac team immediately 'overwrites' it. Distribute certainly doesn't help though.