Lt. Commander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiJqYRDsS5o

This looks pretty awesome, and best of all, the software is free in windows 7, and can be download from Microsoft otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Nice find. I added that to my favorites so I can reference it later when I try to do this myself. Thank you for posting this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Any time! My inner geek is weeping with joy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2011, 07:20 AM
My inner geek is a little miffed. I did as was recommended. Did the speech recognition tutorial and even took time to train the software and set up a key bind to set power tray C1 to "T." Then used the speech macro to bind the words "polarize hull" to the "T" key.

For some reason usually nothing happens then when something does happen it's anomaly scan, or distribute shield left or right, (usually right).

Maybe it did not learn right. Looks like speech recognition also learns by being corrected. So I open up Notepad and start saying polarize hull and correcting each time it does it wrong verbally. I get to the point that I can say polarize hull and it will produce polarize hull fifteen times in a row without fail.

Back into the game I go. I say, "Start listening," it goes into stand by. "Polarize hull." and the ship does an anomaly scan. OK maybe I can get it from a different angle, "Type control 1," polarize hull activates, interesting. I say "Type alt 3." boom sure enough Tactical Team activates. Really now? I say, "Type Alt 4," Attack Pattern Beta activates and that is the spot it resides on the power tray. Too bad I do not think of my abilities as Alt whatever or control whatever.

I was so disgusted that I turned Voice Recognition off. I have to be doing something wrong with setting up the macros, but I am tempted to train myself to think of my BO skills in terms of Alt Whatever and CTRL whatever. Because while slow for getting off a string for a alpha attack it does work every time. I should hit the Keybinds for Dummies and use it to set up two multiple command strings for my two most common alpha attacks and bind those to "T" and "Y" so I can say while in combat, "Type T" and have the string go off. At that point though I might as well just reach over and hit the "T" key myself.

Cool in principle but too much effort for the same outcome.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2011, 08:07 AM
I used Game Commander 2. The company which made it dissolved, and the tech involved was split up and sold to different companies. They use the tech for other purposes. So at the moment it is considered abandonware to the point that noone has the right to ask money for it.

Anyway, that app had great recognition. It understood my heavy accent without any training. I used it for a while, but dropped it in favor of the touch screen LCARS. This game is just way to fast for voice control.