Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I would like to see a PVP free for all room similar to the enemy signal contact rooms where anyone can enter into it and fight non stop, and where accolades are handed out for 25, 50, 75, and 100 kills and so on. This is only an Idea. What if this room is set up for combat like the enemy signal contact rooms, but instead of enemy signal contact ai ships, we have the ships of those who enter the rooms. Make this PVP room a pure pvp map with nebulas, free space, asteriod belts, whatever the atari people can do to make it fun and interesting without lag.
Please share your feedback on these ideas in support of what I'm saying if you support these ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
yer that would be good. and maybe some trading runs some how simalar to freelancer. enter at ur own risk
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 02:10 PM
So you are saying no teaming just come one come all. I could handle that. The only drawback would be many PvPers are not setup to be solo. most Premades have builds that compliment each other so if you take them out of their element their builds will lose effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
It sounds like fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I would play
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
So you are saying no teaming just come one come all. I could handle that. The only drawback would be many PvPers are not setup to be solo. most Premades have builds that compliment each other so if you take them out of their element their builds will lose effectiveness.
I don't see that as a problem. Ideally, there would be more different PvP game modes and each would work best with particular builds. That keeps everyone on their toes and doesn't generally allow one "optimum" build for every team.

What this idea might need is a reason to go there besides the fighting. A mission or accolade reward scheme as proposed might be sufficient...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I like the idea. Perhaps a reward for destroying X enemy ships, or an enemy starbase you can gather anomalies/loot from if it's destroyed. that might encourage people to both attack enemy starbases for loot, or defend their own for easy kills.

also perhaps every 15 minutes there would be rewards handed out to both sides depending on how many enemy ships were killed.

The only problem i have with rewards would be the ever-present afk players, or perpetual cloakers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I like the idea in principle, but how do you propose it from becoming "pre-made" on 1 on 1 on 1?

Just because the teaming function doesn't work, doesn't mean pre-mades won't group up and grief all the singular ships. And without teaming, their numbers can swell beyond the normal 5 man teams.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-27-2011, 10:09 AM
To keep it from being 1 on 1 on 1, I need to think about it. Actually, what if the Startrek online room put people in different locations everytime someone enters the room? And what if there were nebulas where you can hide in it untill it is safe so that it alleviates the situation and causes it to not be a 1 vs 1 vs 1? it might help alleviate that 1 on 1 on one problem abit, and Feds can always team up if they so choose and so could the klingons if they like because it's a free for all after all. You should be able to invite people to teams also in that room for some more fun! Any good Ideas that you can suggest, I'm open to it and I thank everyone for being open minded and supportive to these ideas on PVP.

P.S. I discussed this PVP concept with my Caspian Division comrades and they would like this PVP room to be located in a star system rather than an enemy signal contact room because they don't want to go chasing that room all over sector space and I agree with that.
Please share your thoughts, Thanks.
Lt. Commander
I desire for the room to be a free for all room but I don't desire the option of teams to be taken away.
Remember Khan? Khan !!!!!!! Fed vs Fed Fun if there are no klingons left standing! This room will be so fun!