Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
it is good to bother......just play the game. broken stuff, gimmick stuff, QQ stuff, mcleet pwnsauce stuff.....make of it what you will i guess.
Yeah I agree that using broken skills I a way of getting it fixed, if you remember to bug report aswell .

However this treat is more about ppl using it when everbody is aware of it, and the fix is otw just so they can win until the end. This is what imo have been ruining the pvp lately and will continue nomatter how many of us agrees to say no to broken skills and spam.

Noone can say that pvp haven't been slow lately
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
For what it's worth, I respect you LoST guys
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Your sign says it all
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2011, 12:08 AM
I believe its wrong to use the same methods (spam/broken skills) you dont aprove only to give back "a taste of their own medicine".If you do ,you actually fall into the same trap of becoming no better than those who use it with the empty argument that " we shall use everything to win".
Some time back we as a fleet had decided to simply LEAVE (warp out) whenever in Arena there was a mine spamming premade like Fista Sista,SOB and TSI.Not even start at all.Because engaging would mean approving.The point was not to find ways to adapt and adjust tactics to counter BUT TO MAKE A CLEAR STATEMENT ,that we simply DO NOT APROVE this type of gameplay.We were then accused of cowardness,and "fear" to face the super fleets all covered up in minefields.
If other premades and/or pugs would have followed this stance of DISAPROVAL of what pvp had become maybe it would made others reconsider when they eventually were not able to find ANY group to game with.Unfortunately the extend of which spam/broken skills were implemented exeeded every atempt to fight it.If we wanted to keep on playing this game we were forced to submit to the trend and use it ourselves or retreat and confine our gameplay in C & H /Kerrat.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Quote:
I believe its wrong to use the same methods (spam/broken skills) you dont aprove only to give back "a taste of their own medicine".If you do ,you actually fall into the same trap of becoming no better than those who use it with the empty argument that " we shall use everything to win".
Some time back we as a fleet had decided to simply LEAVE (warp out) whenever in Arena there was a mine spamming premade like Fista Sista,SOB and TSI.Not even start at all.Because engaging would mean approving.The point was not to find ways to adapt and adjust tactics to counter BUT TO MAKE A CLEAR STATEMENT ,that we simply DO NOT APROVE this type of gameplay.We were then accused of cowardness,and "fear" to face the super fleets all covered up in minefields.
If other premades and/or pugs would have followed this stance of DISAPROVAL of what pvp had become maybe it would made others reconsider when they eventually were not able to find ANY group to game with.Unfortunately the extend of which spam/broken skills were implemented exeeded every atempt to fight it.If we wanted to keep on playing this game we were forced to submit to the trend and use it ourselves or retreat and confine our gameplay in C & H /Kerrat.
Hmm. THis might actually be something to consider. "Okay, you guys brought the most spam, you win. Bye. Having fun yet?"
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
The problem with your suggestion is that it sets a precedence for every single person to follow..

IE:

You doesnt like mines/spam and leaves fights against spammers
Joes doesnt like healing and leaves fights against cruiser heavy groups
Bens doesnt like BOPs and leaves fights against BOP heavy groups
Natalies doesnt like Science powers and leaves fights against SV heavy groups
Az*cough-cough*an doesnt like anything that have killed him and leaves fights against skillheavy groups

etc..

As long as there isnt a clear defination of what is fine and what isnt, youre essentially giving people a blancket check to leave whenever they feel like, accusing (insert any ship or power) of being OPd, and thus forcing them to leave match.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
The problem with your suggestion is that it sets a precedence for every single person to follow..

IE:

You doesnt like mines/spam and leaves fights against spammers
Joes doesnt like healing and leaves fights against cruiser heavy groups
Bens doesnt like BOPs and leaves fights against BOP heavy groups
Natalies doesnt like Science powers and leaves fights against SV heavy groups
Az*cough-cough*an doesnt like anything that have killed him and leaves fights against skillheavy groups

etc..

As long as there isnt a clear defination of what is fine and what isnt, youre essentially giving people a blancket check to leave whenever they feel like, accusing (insert any ship or power) of being OPd, and thus forcing them to leave match.

I believe we are not discussing "general" stuff here BUT MINE SPAMMING in particular.
So i see no relevance to ur argument.
What you may argue with is the "exact amount of spam/mines" that would validate leaving the instance.
And indeed you can only define that for your self or your fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2011, 04:26 AM
She's saying it's a slippery slope and sets a bad precedent.

And seriously, warping out is never cool.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
I believe we are not discussing "general" stuff here BUT MINE SPAMMING in particular.
So i see no relevance to ur argument.
What you may argue with is the "exact amount of spam/mines" that would validate leaving the instance.
And indeed you can only define that for your self or your fleet.
There is *every* relevance..

This sets a precedence that it is acceptable to leave an instance to avoid spamming fleets..

Well, the next guy might say "Scispamming is worse than minespamming - If your fleet leaves because of mines, mine leaves because of Scispammers"

The next guy might pull out BCloaking BOPs, the next crosshealing cruisers etc etc..

Their arguement : "My issue is worse than your issue."
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Hmm yeah warping out is not a good idé imo it just creates more conflict, I would be nice tho when we are on our semi fun setup with the legends and we meet a heavy spamming mine and broken skills fleet , just say wait here we gonna takes our klings to deal with this sh.t.

Meline mentions alot of problems that will course ppl to wanna leave a match. But I think after reading the pvp forums and playeing the game that the worst spam and broken skill atm is

Scramble Sensor and version 3 at most: you have no immunity to it after being hit like other sci skills and can be scramble a hole match, and difficult to clear of youself too.

Mine Spam with cloaking the most: should have been fixed a little tho so lets see.

Charge Particel burst 3: a team can stack as many as they want on you, and take you shield down in a sec, there is no defence to it other than not being in 5 km range

If anyone think there is something els fell free to coment.