Lt. Commander
# 31
03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
well, i hate to say it, but the game has to limit spam within from its own mechanics. look at the most brutal offenders of spam over the games brief history:

offender Punishment
vm spam: vm nerfed to near uselessness
rsp spam: rsp length shortened
photonic spam: hard immunity (chaining no more)
tric spam: same immunity
tractor mien spam: global cd +unique item

instead of *****ing, what is the solution to you own personal pet peeve variety of spam? personally i wouldnt mind seeing a "harden sensors" skill so that after beign scrambled once u have some immunity, or even a special item/power up/ add on to existing skill (sci team??/epta??) give u a brief hardened sensors.. just a thought
Its a good idea Joe... on expiry of SS your get the ECM Buff for X. Of course a change to allow self target lock seems logical as well. The main issue with SS seems to be that you are unable to self target, not being able to send your own repair crew to work inside your own ship seems a bit silly.

Whats sad in general is the STO community destroying itself. I think we can all agree that there is no one skill in this game that is all that bad or annoying on its own. Its when some people insist on building teams around it... ie 4-5 sci ships. When I say destroying I mean it, the attitude of some of the teams that have built the "spam" teams has driving any serious new players out of this game.... combine that attitude with the lack of pvp anything from Crypic and this game has also mostly lost the core pvp guys and gals that have been the largest PvP boasters. I honestly don't think Cryptic has very long to start getting it right.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Its a good idea Joe... on expiry of SS your get the ECM Buff for X. Of course a change to allow self target lock seems logical as well. The main issue with SS seems to be that you are unable to self target, not being able to send your own repair crew to work inside your own ship seems a bit silly.
In regards to that, there is a setting in your game settings that will allow you to self target a little bit easier. "Assist target on attack" should be set to off. This will enable it for you to cast your healing/buffs on yourself unless you target another friendly
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdpt23 View Post
In regards to that, there is a setting in your game settings that will allow you to self target a little bit easier. "Assist target on attack" should be set to off. This will enable it for you to cast your healing/buffs on yourself unless you target another friendly
Which is great... except for when you're Scrambled and everyone is friendly :p
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
To give up is to admit defeat?
no retreat no surrender!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
no retreat no surrender!!!!
As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-27-2011, 11:13 AM
I think the idea of having an ECM (or ECCM?) buff after a Scramble, Jam Sensors or Viral Matrix hit seems sensible. Make it work the same as with Photonic Shockwave.

There could also be a seperate effect for Tractor Beam (Repulsor)s, Gravity Well and Chronitons. Not sure if they should all go together under one category, but something like "Emergency Hull Polarization" or some such and we have covered all types of "spamming", basically.

If we're still worried about "Heal Spam", that's also something that could be covered, btw. Reduce the effectiveness of heals a little after you have been healed before. "Hull Exhaustion - 50 % to all hullheal strengths" (10-15 second timer and you can still rotate heals if you got a team healer, but more gets ineffective)
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think the idea of having an ECM (or ECCM?) buff after a Scramble, Jam Sensors or Viral Matrix hit seems sensible. Make it work the same as with Photonic Shockwave.
I can agree to this. It would well represent the Science team overcoming the "intrusion" into the effected systems until the enemy has adapted to try it again.

Quote:
There could also be a seperate effect for Tractor Beam (Repulsor)s, Gravity Well and Chronitons. Not sure if they should all go together under one category, but something like "Emergency Hull Polarization" or some such and we have covered all types of "spamming", basically.

If we're still worried about "Heal Spam", that's also something that could be covered, btw. Reduce the effectiveness of heals a little after you have been healed before. "Hull Exhaustion - 50 % to all hullheal strengths" (10-15 second timer and you can still rotate heals if you got a team healer, but more gets ineffective)
Sort of a diminishing returns on repetitve usage?
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Sort of a diminishing returns on repetitve usage?

Aux drain FTW
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Aux drain FTW
Doesn't work. The problem is multiple people using these abilities, not one guy. If 4 people have Scramble Sensors, they can cover the enemy 100 % of the time. You would need these powers to drain Auxillary Power for minutes, and if you do that - you can just stop having ships with more than one Science Bridge Officer.

The idea of systems like these is to make a single player effective in the role, but suffer great diminishing returns if you add a 2nd or 3rd player with the same role. A single player can't spam you.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Doesn't work. The problem is multiple people using these abilities, not one guy. If 4 people have Scramble Sensors, they can cover the enemy 100 % of the time. You would need these powers to drain Auxillary Power for minutes, and if you do that - you can just stop having ships with more than one Science Bridge Officer.

The idea of systems like these is to make a single player effective in the role, but suffer great diminishing returns if you add a 2nd or 3rd player with the same role. A single player can't spam you.

True but if you make sci skills which are aux driven like weapons power a sci ship spamming other powers also will lose effectiveness if you fire a wad of 4 sci skills and then say oh look that SS wore off time to hit him again but oh look my aux is low is it really worth a 5 sec SS. Right now MOST sci guys in the game just spam sci skills be cause their is no repercussion for using skills with no drawback from using because it will be effective second number 1 as second number 16 because aux levels do not change much on a sci ship.