Lt. Commander
# 101
03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The Foundry is now live on Holodeck. Please see the FAQ sticky for additional info.
*heart attack* I'm comin' Elizabeth!!!
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Ooooooh... time to learn how to make it so I can do Andorian stuffs!
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Great work Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 104 Yay for Foundary & Cryptic!
03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
WOOOOO!

Although I expect a bunch of bugs (only because anything new in general is never perfect at first in an MMO), I'm so pumped to finally start to make my multi-part series about my main Fed and KDF characters.

Pretty much a "Two brothers torn apart by the choices they made....one is for freedom and the well being of the Federation, another thirsts for battle and to conquer those who are weak."

Possibly going to make two, 3 part series (a Fed version and a KDF version to have both point of views and to get the full story).
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Foundry is great, there is one major issue present at the moment though.

Useless mission spam.

I went to check out a couple of the UGC missions already published and half of them had no structure to even begin... much less finish the mission.

Hell one was even called "yum" with absolutely no content.

I think there needs to be some kind of moderation thing aside from the community reviews to ensure this garbage stops before it even gets started.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outllaw View Post
Foundry is great, there is one major issue present at the moment though.

Useless mission spam.

I went to check out a couple of the UGC missions already published and half of them had no structure to even begin... much less finish the mission.

Hell one was even called "yum" with absolutely no content.

I think there needs to be some kind of moderation thing aside from the community reviews to ensure this garbage stops before it even gets started.
Wow....the fun is already gone that fast? Damn spammers / immature players.....
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Also added note...

Mission languages:

there needs to be a filter to sort out missions in other languages than English.

I don't speak / read German

I have no desire to learn German

I dont need the mission select cluttered with a bunch of German missions.

Just slap a filter system in and that problem goes away
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Give it time, the missions with actual depth and creative direction will take some time. Also, I think i recall hearing something about a way to report Foundry spam as abuse so that it would eventually get flagged and removed. Even if that function is not currently active, I am sure we will see something of that nature in short order.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
I hope so, just tried another one where you go to "kill the naussican" at Wolf 359

transported to a planet called Fungus and oh look a killfarm field of about 100 naussicans...

I really hope they put some regulations on it soon, with a harsh penalty system for breaking said regulations

ie you get too many flags that are reviewed and found to be vaild you get banned from foundry use
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global_Spacecase
Give it time, the missions with actual depth and creative direction will take some time. Also, I think i recall hearing something about a way to report Foundry spam as abuse so that it would eventually get flagged and removed. Even if that function is not currently active, I am sure we will see something of that nature in short order.
Haha I hope that function comes soon