Lt. Commander
# 121
03-29-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
No, it's just takes about 45 seconds to make a mission like Yum or bobbb and a fairly major investment to make a mission like the spotlight missions.
Yeah. Especially making half-decent interiors is a real pain in the hoohaa at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-29-2011, 04:20 AM
The tools get easier to use with time.

You just need to remember that the dimensions are currently wonky right now (since the dimensions are in feet but the placement and location tools are in meters).
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Better to make sure it works before proclaiming it to the heavens.
Only took them a year and change to figure that one out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

You just need to remember that the dimensions are currently wonky right now (since the dimensions are in feet but the placement and location tools are in meters).
It's stuff like that that makes space probes crash into planets...
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-29-2011, 04:51 AM
There really should have been more of a big deal made of the changeover to holodeck.
It should have been on the calendar at least.

Neverthless, this is awesome, and it looks like it will tide us over for a long while to come.
Thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

Oh, feet. Now everything makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-29-2011, 05:07 AM
All I know is thank Kirkfat and all the others whom worked hard on it for the the Starbase UGC site. I'm going to be watching a lot of tutorials soon.
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris8016 View Post
There really should have been more of a big deal made of the changeover to holodeck.
It should have been on the calendar at least.

Neverthless, this is awesome, and it looks like it will tide us over for a long while to come.
Thank you Cryptic.
im surprised at the lack of fanfare over it. nothing on the launcher, calendar, message board, facebook, front page. nothing.

the only thing i can think of, unless they really had no marketing guys in yesterday is they want the first couple of days to be low key to see how it goes. if you announce to the world that you have awesomeness pie then everybody wants a slice at the same time and thats when severs start to crash.

in fairness the first day went as smooth as could be, so if that was the plan the mission accomplished. maybe over the next few days they will make more of a song and dance about it.
Lt. Commander
# 128
03-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im surprised at the lack of fanfare over it. nothing on the launcher, calendar, message board, facebook, front page. nothing.
If I were them, I'd be watching for two issues right now. First, whether it's stable on Holodeck, and second, whether (and how) people can abuse and exploit the bejeezum out of it. Once they're sure they've got a handle on those potential problems, then maybe they'll sing and dance and throw confetti.

On the plus side, this seems to suggest that the marketing department is finally on a leash
Lt. Commander
# 129
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
i had not done much with the foundry in the last month or so, waiting for holodeck. i had forgotten how much fun it is. I must have spent a good 12 hours getting my mission onto holodeck.

using some ideas on the forums i even managed to get a sort of branching mission objective into 'the worst of all worlds'. its pretty basic but still very cool. i think some talented authors can really go to town on it.
Lt. Commander
# 130
03-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulgor View Post
Oh, feet. Now everything makes sense.
Previously, the co-ordinate entry was in feet too.

However, it always had (m) next to it, so the devs changed it.

Unfortunately, they forgot to update the dimensions of objects to display in meters.