Lt. Commander
# 41
03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
this is all good news.

i do expect the first day or two to be a bit buggy/crashy as so many people will all try it at once something is bound to 'splode.

i will be praying to the server gods for a smooth launch.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
And so...it begins. All I know is this, I'm avoiding all "joke" missions like the plague.
http://trekmovie.com/2007/06/02/revi...ve-remastered/

Are you certain?
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Did they add branching yet?
Dialogue branching works - and works beautifully. You can even have dialogue loop bakc to earlier portions in the tree: like a menu.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShrike View Post
I know there are some things in missions that only get generated when you publish, eg pathing. For those that have already played with the foundry on Tribble is there a way to publish a mission for your use only prior to opening it up to the masses so you an verify it is working 'correctly'?
What I've started to do is import my project into a new project and publish the new project for test purposes. After I'm done testing, I withdraw and delete the test project and continue working on the actual project. This is of course more tedious than it should be but it works for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor View Post
You can even have dialogue loop back to earlier portions in the tree: like a menu.
True enough, but if you want to actively remove dialogue options as the player chooses them, you cannot accomplish that from within the dialogue tree itself without copying sub-trees and removing those options the player has already gone through. A process that becomes more and more tedious as the dialogue tree grows.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Dialogue branching works - and works beautifully. You can even have dialogue loop bakc to earlier portions in the tree: like a menu.
That's part of it, but can that result in different outcomes as per the example I posted?
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbaby9000 View Post
I cant wait to see all the missions people will come up with
Can I have Targs eating tribbles with the audio effect?

That would be cool...

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Fast question - If we make a series of episodes, is there a way we can save custom races for future use?

I really don't wantot keep remaking the same race each time...

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
Fast question - If we make a series of episodes, is there a way we can save custom races for future use?

I really don't wantot keep remaking the same race each time...

Blak
at the moment not that i can see, but hopefully that will change.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
I haven't played with the Foundry in a couple of months. Is it possible yet to dictate how many Boffs are on the mission with they player? Can you specify only two, or maybe none, so that the player has to do it alone?
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
I have never been able to give a star rating for any of my own missions. I'm pretty doubtful the developers would have allowed people to rate their own missions.
I'm not sure how it worked out, then - the top lot of the Top Rated list most of the time are all new missions with exactly one 5 star rating, even though a lot of them are pretty awful, incomplete, or just unplayable for one reason or another. My main reason for recommending the Hot list instead of Top Rated - it's actually got some pretty low rated missions in there, but it's all missions that have gotten a lot of ratings, so I feel like I can trust the average better.