Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2011, 06:32 AM
good point decker,
the way i look at it is this,
items you get from missions are usable and therefore everywhere,
items you get from end game content should be better overall than items from missions and
items that can be crafted should be better and harder to get than anything else in the game.

let the crafters prevail
Lt. Commander
# 12 selfish
03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmd_JohnnyP
There's been something that has been bothering me a little.

I noticed the other day that so many people have ageis / borg equip. I asked one person how they liked crafting and they replied they didn't craft it their fleet "farms" the equipment.

Now here's the thing.If the special equipment was designed for those who proved skill in crafting and or the STF missions yet much more and more people have access to them because of fleet farms how does it become fair to the people that worked to get those items?
While cryptic has left fleet operations and fleet function in a small function. Crafting is meant to bring people together. Borg equipment is bind on pickup. so you have to do the STF in a whole and do it from the start It also is hard to do those missions.

For memory alpha i see no problem of other officers doing crafting for their fleet. Since cryptic does not allow mining we have to do the best next thing. Farming these materials is essential for fleets to grow and become big. While your post seems to be anti fleet or anti work together you are missing a few things.

You are missing that this is a MMO,
You are missing that the farming part to get those materials is hard.
Be a sport and join a good fleet that way you wont try to do things on your own.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2011, 10:10 AM
i made a full aegis set didnt take me long to get the parts

sure most of the commons were from LA ans UA Btran explores

some of the rares i had from the lvling up to UA rank
i find it is not as good as the borg kit

yea Qubal and Decker both that good points
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I have no problem crafting for fleet members. And personally, I don't see this as a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmd_JohnnyP
There's been something that has been bothering me a little.

I noticed the other day that so many people have ageis / borg equip. I asked one person how they liked crafting and they replied they didn't craft it their fleet "farms" the equipment.

Now here's the thing.If the special equipment was designed for those who proved skill in crafting and or the STF missions yet much more and more people have access to them because of fleet farms how does it become fair to the people that worked to get those items?
Isn't that one of the points of being in a fleet? I don't see how supporting fleet members is a bad thing. We only have a handful in the fleet that crafts, and most of us farm materials as needed. Plus we also do regular runs of STFs so everyone can have the best stuff possible. I've never seen any game that limits craftable items to only be used by the crafter. Doesn't make much sense to do that. As the others have said, its a great way to get ECs in game and/or help players.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2011, 01:45 AM
@OP: I just finished the Cure. I never saw borg pieces as status symbols.

Still dont. Not really. Since the pieces are bind on equip, I give the benefit of the doubt. If you've got a borg deflector piece, you've worked for it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2011, 03:43 AM
If 10 people in a fleet all get anomalies, wouldnt it be silly, if all had to waste the anomalies to level 10 characters?

Or, how about this:

I have 7 toons at VA/LG, only one is crafting.. Wouldnt it be silly if I had to level each of those 7 toons to cap in crafting?

I mean, its not like crafting is an extremely interesting thing to do... Now, if it was like SWGs crafting system, Id consider it.

And frankly.. Borg gear is just as easy to get.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I see no issue with having fleet crafters. Its one of the benefits of being in a fleet.
I would have never gotten my Aegis set if not for the kindness of one of my fleetmates.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Another thing about fleet farming would be those new Delta Flyer Schematics. I bought it on the C-Store awhile ago, but I still farm them so that I can gve it to other fleet members as a reward for a fleet event etc...
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-06-2011, 08:13 AM
I thought the Delta Flyer is a "Bind on Pickup" so you can't help out members of your fleet on that one. It only take 180 General crafting points to get the mission