Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post


How much longer do we have to wait? How long until we're allowed to just say; "Hey guys, we're getting screwed here"?
Technically you can say that now and enjoy the reprecussions of speaking above "our" station. Thunderchild nailed it though. Pattern Recognition for the win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Technically you can say that now and enjoy the reprecussions of speaking above "our" station. Thunderchild nailed it though. Pattern Recognition for the win.
Yea, as much as we're asked to withhold judgment, one might get the impression that' they're not interesting in our opinions.

Though I will grant that Stahl has done quite a bit, considering the huge content deficit there was for KDF at launch we've come a long way, but are still behind since fed content kept expanding at the same pace. Still, one might also be tempted to make a pun about expecting results from a guy who's name means "to delay".:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
Yea, as much as we're asked to withhold judgment, one might get the impression that' they're not interesting in our opinions.
Get the impression? Dstahl's all but flat out said that he doesn't care if we like it or not. Do I really need to dig up links to his "12%" post or his "if you don't like how I'm driving then jump out the car" post?

Although honestly, I don't even care about dev made Klingon missions anymore. Not now. Not that the Foundry is here.

Let the devs give us more uniforms and more ship customization, in between the huge chunks of new stuff they'll be handing out to Starfleet, of course. I'll be happy to play KDF missions in the Foundry. Frankly, they'll probably be better missions anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Get the impression? Dstahl's all but flat out said that he doesn't care if we like it or not. Do I really need to dig up links to his "12%" post or his "if you don't like how I'm driving then jump out the car" post?
I'm actually not familiar with the "12%" post, but I did see the cheerios post, and the context I got was that he thought he was doing the best he could and was frustrated with our constant picking on him for his apparent lack of effort.

What I see coming out of cryptic is an economically minded policy of playing to the masses (feds), while leadership wants to play to the minority (kdf) while the reality that we get in game ends up somewhere in between. Though decidedly shifted in favor of the feds.

Please don't mistake this for defending them, I just feel that since I don't know all the details of "why" things are the way they are, I don't know enough to pass judgment on any individual. We've got evidence of Fed favoritism, but not enough to convict imo. At this point I think the question is whether this is systemic or the result of the actions of a few.

One might think to go with it being systemic, but a lot of the "official" things coming out of cryptic are heavy on the customer service speak (I'm a CS guy myself, I can recognize it from a mile away). This sometimes makes it difficult to figure out the thought process behind a decision being defended by the CS speak...since one of the "unwritten rules" of CS is that you're the target, as far as the customer is concerned, even if it's not your fault, it's your fault. So some CS people will just go ahead and take responsibility for things they have nothing to do with just to appease the customer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-28-2011, 11:33 PM
All I see is that Cryptic is trying to make fast cash with as much C-Store stuff as possible to make Atari happy.

It was worse enough what Mr Stahl said and Peregrine_Falcon is here very right. Cryptic is not interested in the KDF players' opinions. Cash is their only goal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-29-2011, 01:17 AM
From what I've seen, every time Klingons get something they complain that it's not enough. Equal access to FSE's, Pi Canis sorties, 8 episodes from season 2, the carrier (Feds really don't need one) and now the Foundry.

You want content? Make it yourself on the Foundry. There has to be some Klingon Players that can make great episodes. The Klingon homeworld is supposed to be getting a makeover sometime this year.

I have a Fed and a Klingon character and my friend plays Klingon only.

Your continued complaining is not helping your cause, in fact, it's telling the Devs that you are ungrateful for the content they do make for Klingons.

I just know some person is going to flag this, so moderator please just infraction me now!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-29-2011, 05:39 AM
I see several KDF fans who do not wish to have thier faction forgotten in the rush to create more fed content fluff.

Outright complaining, denying what we have recieved is wrong and shamefull of us, as it shows no gratitude for what efforts have been done, but to quietly standby and watch the feds continue to amass content will not help us iether.

If we wish to see our faction grow as well, we must continue to voice our concerns.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
Your continued complaining is not helping your cause, in fact, it's telling the Devs that you are ungrateful for the content they do make for Klingons.
You're right, I don't feel grateful.

Gratitude is something that you feel or express when you're given a gift, not when you get what you've paid for.

I was promised Klingon content and I paid for Klingon content but I didn't get Klingon content.

So no! I'm not grateful for the small bone that the devs have thrown us Klingon fans in the almost 14 months since launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
From what I've seen, every time Klingons get something they complain that it's not enough. Equal access to FSE's, Pi Canis sorties, 8 episodes from season 2, the carrier (Feds really don't need one) and now the Foundry.
I can not speak for everyone. But just recently start voice my disappointment. Yes we getting some stuff. Let look at your list.

FSE both sides get it. So that not adding to the large negative amount of content on the klingon side.

PI Canis sorties. Yes this add some content. It exactly three mission. One of which is only done by completing the optional on the other side.

8 Mission from season 2. So a grand total of 11 Mission since Launch have been add to klingon side. 11 Mission in a one year period. If you count the FSE that 15 more so a grand total of 26. Yet federation also got 15 more missions.

It allready been stated by Cryptic that they not planning on making any patrol missions for klingon. When I level a Federation character. That normal what I use. Since this make up the bulk of the federation missions in my mind that tells me there not ever planning on filling the content gap. Now if they do like wise with future factions that be fine. I do not agree but it be fine by me. I can live with that.


As for the carrier. because we got a second carrier it ok that the federation has a much large selection of vessel with a much large customization option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
You want content? Make it yourself on the Foundry. There has to be some Klingon Players that can make great episodes.
We pay to play the game not to create content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
The Klingon homeworld is supposed to be getting a makeover sometime this year.
ESD which had a better layout to begin with got one already. It been in the game for over a month.


Bottom line it been said that they hope to add a third faction to the game by sept. ie Season 5 would be my guess. Problem is they claim they were going to make the klingon right first. It been 6 month since we told that. With every little improvement.

Issue that I see with the klingon Side
1. Lack of customization of uniforms. A much smaller selection of uniforms to klingon players.
2. Ship customization - No existing on klingon side. Most ship have one skin. The few that do are just that complete skins no mix and matching of parts.
3. Lack of content - This is the only one they work on so far. But really 11 missions in 12/13 Months?

Now perhaps we be blown away by Season 4 and surprise by the amount of fixs for the klingons in it. Of course then again there the saying "History tends to repeat it self". And today cryptic has been failing Klingons over and over and over again.

I have said before Cryptic has done a great job with the game overall, however they have total and repeatedly messed up when it comes to Klingon factions. Maybe they get it right for season 4, but history says they will not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I see several KDF fans who do not wish to have thier faction forgotten in the rush to create more fed content fluff.

Outright complaining, denying what we have recieved is wrong and shamefull of us, as it shows no gratitude for what efforts have been done, but to quietly standby and watch the feds continue to amass content will not help us iether.

If we wish to see our faction grow as well, we must continue to voice our concerns.
QFT


/10char
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 AM.