Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
03-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I see several KDF fans who do not wish to have thier faction forgotten in the rush to create more fed content fluff.

Outright complaining, denying what we have recieved is wrong and shamefull of us, as it shows no gratitude for what efforts have been done, but to quietly standby and watch the feds continue to amass content will not help us iether.

If we wish to see our faction grow as well, we must continue to voice our concerns.
Well said. I agree whole heartedly
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
03-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I see several KDF fans who do not wish to have thier faction forgotten in the rush to create more fed content fluff.

Outright complaining, denying what we have recieved is wrong and shamefull of us, as it shows no gratitude for what efforts have been done, but to quietly standby and watch the feds continue to amass content will not help us iether.

If we wish to see our faction grow as well, we must continue to voice our concerns.
We must walk the sharp edge of the bat'leth as we do not wish to seem ungrateful but neither do we want to have our needs forgotten.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
QFT


/10char
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Well said. I agree whole heartedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
We must walk the sharp edge of the bat'leth as we do not wish to seem ungrateful but neither do we want to have our needs forgotten.
Thank you.

It is a fine line to walk.
I'm guilty of stepping (nay jumping at times) off it myself and losing my temper, so we aslo shouldn't be too harsh on those Klingons whom also rage at the injustices.

On the upside rumors are good of content coming in S4. Lets hope and see.
Until Then; for the Devs I offer this nugget of Klingon Code writing humor.
http://www.klingon.org/resources/klingon_code.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
On the upside rumors are good of content coming in S4. Lets hope and see.
Until Then; for the Devs I offer this nugget of Klingon Code writing humor.
http://www.klingon.org/resources/klingon_code.html
Well I think we will get stuff, like uniforms or updates or something, but I doubt there will be content in S4. They have never come out and said it. They have said they will "Fill the gaps" in the leveling, and "relevel content". Never have they said "You are getting NEW content" in ANY form. So the foundry will have to suffice for a while...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
03-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Well I think we will get stuff, like uniforms or updates or something, but I doubt there will be content in S4. They have never come out and said it. They have said they will "Fill the gaps" in the leveling, and "relevel content". Never have they said "You are getting NEW content" in ANY form. So the foundry will have to suffice for a while...
True, tis why its rumor. Though I am trying to stay positive.
We know that the KDF tutorial is in the works and it has to cover the first six grades of the first rank, so hopefully that covers some low rank content.
I am curiuos to see how they try to fix the lack of PvE in the middle and upper ranks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
03-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
True, tis why its rumor. Though I am trying to stay positive.
We know that the KDF tutorial is in the works and it has to cover the first six grades of the first rank, so hopefully that covers some low rank content.
I am curiuos to see how they try to fix the lack of PvE in the middle and upper ranks.
They could open up a new sector south of KDF territory and fill it with Fek'Ihri to kill. Let us take the fight to them. Make a new mission chain that picks up where our current PVE missions leave off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
03-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
They could open up a new sector south of KDF territory and fill it with Fek'Ihri to kill. Let us take the fight to them. Make a new mission chain that picks up where our current PVE missions leave off.
They could do a great deal. The greatness of STO is how open it is for expansion on several storylines, but yes. Your idea would be awesome and allow us to continue the Fek'lhri storyline, especially if its all an Iconian plot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
They could do a great deal. The greatness of STO is how open it is for expansion on several storylines, but yes. Your idea would be awesome and allow us to continue the Fek'lhri storyline, especially if its all an Iconian plot.
Which would make sense, and it would be fun if for once the KDF uncovered the great mystery threatening the universe rather than the Enterprise...again.

The KDF presents the evidence to the Feds so they will back off, thus enabling the KDF to direct resources to deal with the Iconians. The feds however reject the KDF's evidence due to Undine interference, and the KDF says "fine $^%& you guys" and proceeds to ramp up the war effort (buff the PvP system) against the Feds to quickly get them out of the way, thus enabling the KDF to direct resources against the Iconians.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
03-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Hopefully a decent amout of KDF content will be added in Season 4 - and hopefully not merely a few token missions or repurposed content. While I mainly play Fed I do pull out the Klingon cruiser from time to time and it would be nice to see a reasonable degree of parity between the factions.

Giving the KDF a proper content base first before doing Romulans would probably be the best policy, all things considered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
04-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
They could do a great deal. The greatness of STO is how open it is for expansion on several storylines, but yes. Your idea would be awesome and allow us to continue the Fek'lhri storyline, especially if its all an Iconian plot.
The problem is not the ability to expand, but the expansion itself, and the speed of which they have expansion coming out. To tell you the truth, I was quite miffed...well, outright seething when they made very few, if any changes for season 3 for the KDF, when the only things they did of merit were crafting (which I blew through btw in about 2 hours...lol), new patrols, which don't do much to level a new toon I found out (well, quickly anyway), and uh....I don't remember anything else.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make here is that they talk of expansion, but it takes forever for us KDF people to get the upgrades. Where's our veteran reward besides the General Chariot and fireworks, where's our upgrade to the shoulderpads (the so-called progressive reward who's artwork is 'already there' according to Stahl)? Where's the rank sash for the LTG Klingons?....I mean really, this is a bit pathetic to have a BG stoll coming up on a year after the new rank was added to the KDF.....

I could start on a big tirade but I shall not. My thought is if they keep on adding upgrades to the KDF side at a snail's pace, they will lose people for good from our side. Perhaps outside pressure from external groups (those who interview, and those who have Podcasts), can change the pace and swing it our way before almost every Klingon player loses interest altogether.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.