Lt. Commander
# 101
07-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I hope I win , hehe it keeps going up and up
Lt. Commander
# 102
07-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Geez it looks like someone is willing to pay more then 50 bucks for the gun.

Then again maybe its not too crazy considering plenty of folks baught more then one copy of the game at launch and 50 bucks was the MSRP of the game at launch.

I remember seeing these things at Target and thinking 10 bucks was too much for just the gun.
Lt. Commander
# 103
07-22-2011, 07:16 PM
I want this gun, but, 50 bucks wow.

That money could go into c-store points, who knows maybe one day it will be in the c-store seeing as the product is discontinued.
Lt. Commander
# 104
07-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, paying original retail for it is ridiculousness. It'll be in the C-Store eventually and you'll feel just like those people who shelled out $225 for the Galaxy-X.
Lt. Commander
# 105
07-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes that is true but there are many cases where they don't release the content to the masses. Two games come to mind. one is guild wars collectors edition they just stop making them, the collectors edition of guild wars gives you a special aura when you do any kind of emote.

The second game is champions online. Voltanic Potential, Prototype Emergency Orbital Howitzer, Benign Symbiote, Secondary Mutation, Inborn Tenacity, some of these impossible to find now. sure they will be available on the c-store at some later date. But I'm sure there are people like me who would love to get their hands on these items.

All I'm saying is that it is a gamble, you might never see this item again or they might release it at a later time. If they do release it at a later time well then that's the buyers lost...well if it was me its not such a big deal i spend more on gas every week got to splurge a little.

Now $225 on a galaxy-x....well at least they had fun.
Lt. Commander
# 106
07-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I think there are enough people interested int the TR 116a that it would benefit cryptic to put it on the C-Store. It would certainly be more popular than a cadet uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 107
07-24-2011, 01:10 AM
With so many people asking for the TR-116a rifle, the only reason I can think of for Cryptic to not put it in the C-Store is that Target still has exclusive rights to it. I'm assuming that the eclusivity deal they signed with Cryptic for the bonus was one of the longest-lasting agreements Cryptic had to sign with any retailer to put STO on their shelves.
Lt. Commander
# 108
07-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
With so many people asking for the TR-116a rifle, the only reason I can think of for Cryptic to not put it in the C-Store is that Target still has exclusive rights to it. I'm assuming that the eclusivity deal they signed with Cryptic for the bonus was one of the longest-lasting agreements Cryptic had to sign with any retailer to put STO on their shelves.
I think it's very interesting that there are definitely items that Cryptic has the ability to add to C-Store that they have, for some reason or other, decided not to capitalize on. For example:

* Season 3 Tribble Test Weekend rewards: Danube Runabout Pet, Toron Shuttle Pet
* Type-8 Shuttle Pet (Del Taco) -- this was offered for one weekend as a freebie for anyone buying a Fed ship, so why not just offer it for straight-up Atari Tokens?

And what of this from way back in February?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
update -

We are looking into all of our pre-order agreements with retailers to determine which ones are expired and which ones we can make available for people who can no longer get them.

My guess is that we'll have all of these items sorted out and available one way or the other for our Season 4 launch.
Lt. Commander
# 109
07-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Notice the word "guess" in his statement :p

He doesn't know (I'm sure) what the contracts are off the bat so he gave his best guess and woop it was wrong hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 110 No luck at Target :'-(
08-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Hmmm.... Season 4 has been here for a while now and still no TR-116a rifle... I looked online, at local Target stores and on ebay... I can't find the exclusive / elusive TR-116.

Come on, put it in the C-Store, I'd buy it in a heartbeat....