Lt. Commander
# 111
08-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I own mine to a very kind forum member here of whihc I shamefully forgot the name.

But I still lack 2 items I want to have from the pre order list, the special personal shield and the deflector.
Lt. Commander
# 112
08-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
I own mine to a very kind forum member here of whihc I shamefully forgot the name.

But I still lack 2 items I want to have from the pre order list, the special personal shield and the deflector.
The personal shield still comes with all copies of the D2D digital deluxe (along with the 30days+500 cpoints stack) so you can still grab it if you want!

Deflector dish was a syfy/atari combo deal though, syfy still claim they have it - but trying to buy from them sends you to the generic atari DD version that comes with 0 preorder extras

Always struck me as totally odd how the digital deluxe version from both atari and this site have always been the two most expensive choices and both with 0 extra goodies unlike elsewhere!
Lt. Commander
# 113 From Target Directly
08-11-2011, 05:03 AM
I had contacted Target HQ to see if they still have the game for sale somewhere...

They wrote back:
"I just checked on the video game that you were looking for, Star Trek Online. Unfortunately, this item is not carried in our stores or on Target.com. I'm sorry for any frustration.

Target Guest Relations
www.target.com
(800)440-0680"

So the official word from Target is, that they don't carry it. If that is the case, the TR116a should be made available in the C-Store.... please.... pretty please.... :-)
Lt. Commander
# 114
08-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I have this weapon and have tested it out on Season 4 content. It does appear to work as advertised.

Borg do not adapt to it, and it does ~51 DPS. If you can get a lock on a Borgie, you can run or leap behind cover and keep on shooting. My Caitian toon joined forces with a fleetmate and we had no problem taking down Borgies on Elite difficulty. I leapt out, fired once to get a target lock and then leapt back behind cover. The Borg couldn't lay a hand on me, and since I was behind hard cover, they couldn't shoot me either.

The weak damage done by the weapon is more than made up for, IMO, by the facts that you don't have to use the Frequency Remodulator and you can fire from behind hard cover.

All that being said, I've checked four different Target stores here in Atlanta, and not a one had a copy of STO left on the shelves. I expect that players who haven't got it by now can only hope that it comes to the C-Store. And I heartily recommend that you buy it if it does (like the Caitian and Aenar boffs) -- it seems to be a very effective weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 115
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikonov
The personal shield still comes with all copies of the D2D digital deluxe (along with the 30days+500 cpoints stack) so you can still grab it if you want!

Deflector dish was a syfy/atari combo deal though, syfy still claim they have it - but trying to buy from them sends you to the generic atari DD version that comes with 0 preorder extras

Always struck me as totally odd how the digital deluxe version from both atari and this site have always been the two most expensive choices and both with 0 extra goodies unlike elsewhere!
the D2D version no longer offers the personal shield sadly otherwise I would have gotten it.
Lt. Commander
# 116
08-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
the D2D version no longer offers the personal shield sadly otherwise I would have gotten it.
Are you sure? The D2D site doesn't say it includes it but when it was on sale back in May I got it with my key from D2D along with other folks.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&highlight=d2d
Lt. Commander
# 117
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I know I love my Tr-116. Hope they release the preorder perks soon so everyone gets to try it.
Lt. Commander
# 118
08-12-2011, 04:30 AM
I bought the Gamestop copy on day one release and got Uniforms, Red Matter capacitor and the TOS Constitution Class Starship.. Seing as how they released the Connie to the Cstore, I hope they release the TR-116 soon; if not then that is BS for them releasing one of my bonus unlocks, but not another. There are plenty of people here willing to pay for it, so Cryptic PLEASE, release the TR-116 to the C-store soon!
Lt. Commander
# 119
08-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Its funny I was thinking this exact same thing earlier this morning and did a search, glad I'm not alone in this. Its actually surprising this hasn't been released in the C-Store yet, please consider this Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 120
08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Well you could get the TR as a pre-order from Amazon France and Game.UK. It looks like a Amazon France copy costs 33 Euros and that's crazy expensive. But the Game.UK digital Deulxe costs 10 pounds. That's a bit more reasonable.

I think keys from overseas work with USA accounts, because I seem to remember at launch overseas folks being able to use USA codes in their countries to get all the pre-order items we had here.

Now the question is if you were to get a UK or French copy of the game would your key include the pre-order item? Plenty of retail boxes and online cd keys seem to still include their pre-order goodies, but is anyone willing to take the chance?

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-down...e-1718-37.html