Lt. Commander
# 181
11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
I got the TR-116 Target edition soon after I installed the Walmart edition with the skill points.

Several months down the road I found a Target that had copies for $10 bucks each, bought two and
held onto them.

I was in a fleet at the time and mentioned to the guy in charge that I had two copies with the TR-116 and I wanted to GIVE them to two people in the fleet, as prizes for a PVP fleet tournament, but didn't get any response from him, so I found two people outside the fleet and made deals with them and they each got the rifle.

It has a different look and sound to it, and when I first was seen running around with it people would ask me what it was and where they could get it. It's a cool weapon, and one that will knock any enemy flat on his backside. Has a real nice knockback ability.
Lt. Commander
# 182
11-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I too would love to get the TR-116 rifle. What is this about quad cannons?
Lt. Commander
# 183
11-25-2011, 08:37 AM
If anyone would ever like to get up a team in which all the players have the TR-116, I'd be interested in participating (evil grin). That would be a fun experiment.

We can all fight over who gets to be the Tacs in the team and who has to be the Engies or Scientists.
Lt. Commander
# 184
11-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTrekRon
I think in the most recent engineering report says that eventually that all pre-order items will end up in game most likely via the c-store. It seems that each place (Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc) has exclusivity on these items for a certain amount of time and as those contracts expire the items will become available in the C-Store.
But if they don't stock the game any more who cares if there are any time left on those contracts.
Lt. Commander
# 185
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
But if they don't stock the game any more who cares if there are any time left on those contracts.
Target stopped carrying the game after only a few months... like everything else they carry... they're "trendy" like that... I saw a bunch of the Target versions at good will for $30 a piece once... I regret not buying them now... by the way, Target sells their store's stock to good will as "salvage" so they don't have to keep it around for long. the irony is that target's clearance price is cheaper than good will sells it for...

anyway, I think that SyFy's is still available but the bonus item is still in question. Wal Mart only gave out points so it's irrelevant... Amazon's is still available... but from what I've heard no longer claimable without complaining a bit... Gamestop's might be available but more likely it's been "pennied out" but may suffer from the same issue as the Amazon one... I have no idea if Steam's thing is still available but after the F2P transition I guess all you'd need to do was DL the steam version free right? or was that pre-order only? Best Buy's doesn't sell STO anymore but all their stuff is in the C-store now.. plus theirs were pre-order bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 186
11-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm hoping this weapon might be a reward in the next series. It was first seen on Deep Space Nine which is where the weapon was first seen, but I am sure it will end up in the store. Its worth buying, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 187
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTrekRon
I'm hoping this weapon might be a reward in the next series. It was first seen on Deep Space Nine which is where the weapon was first seen, but I am sure it will end up in the store. Its worth buying, IMO.
It's not gonna be rewarded in the next series, that's for sure. It appears the Exclusivity Contract they have with TARGET is very long-lasting. We likely won't see it in the C-Store for a long, long time, if ever.
Lt. Commander
# 188
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
I just found one on eBay for $50. I bought it. YES!

I'm going to give it to my friend if I'm confident he will commit to the game when it goes F2P. If he tells me he won't, then I'll put it up for sale here.

For right now, don't PM me about it. I'll let y'all know when/if it goes up for sale. I'll either do an auction or do first come first serve.

I even might be willing to trade it for EC/Dilithium. Just depends on my friend.
Lt. Commander
# 189
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I just found one on eBay for $50. I bought it. YES!

I'm going to give it to my friend if I'm confident he will commit to the game when it goes F2P. If he tells me he won't, then I'll put it up for sale here.

For right now, don't PM me about it. I'll let y'all know when/if it goes up for sale. I'll either do an auction or do first come first serve.

I even might be willing to trade it for EC/Dilithium. Just depends on my friend.
Dear lord, you were gouged. Ripped off, to put bluntly.

Seriously... is there NO TARGET IN YOUR AREA? Every one I've been to is still selling that game, and for massively lower prices (As low as $9.99, I've seen).

I'm sorry to see you were ripped off, man.
Lt. Commander
# 190
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
Seriously... is there NO TARGET IN YOUR AREA? Every one I've been to is still selling that game, and for massively lower prices (As low as $9.99, I've seen).
That's what we paid for mine, but I live in a major metropolitan area, and in the *eight* Target stores I've personally visited in recent months, they not only didn't have it on the shelf, there were also no copies left in the storeroom.

Clearly, if there are so many copies still available in your area, you've got an opportunity waiting for you on eBay.