Lt. Commander
# 191
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
Dear lord, you were gouged. Ripped off, to put bluntly.

Seriously... is there NO TARGET IN YOUR AREA? Every one I've been to is still selling that game, and for massively lower prices (As low as $9.99, I've seen).

I'm sorry to see you were ripped off, man.
when's the last time you've looked? seriously? that's actually cheap for an ebay Target version. Target DOES NOT keep their stock that long.... unless you found a target outlet... but I'm fairly sure those do not exist...

for the record, I have been to exactly 32 target locations this last year and have not seen a single copy. I have however seen a pile of them at a Good Will Store for $25 each... which I now wish I bought.
Lt. Commander
# 192
11-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I have however seen a pile of them at a Good Will Store for $25 each... which I now wish I bought.
Ooh, there's a great big Goodwill store about five miles from my house. Looks like I have a trip to make this week.
Lt. Commander
# 193
11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah exactly. ALL my Targets have discontinued selling the game, so while yes IF you found one it would be cheap.

But since they don't sell the game anymore, that makes them rare and valuable.

If you claim to have so many near you, and so many players wanting the weapon. I don't see why you've been sitting around squandering this money opportunity for yourself.

You'd easily be able to sell those for $25 a pop.
Lt. Commander
# 194
11-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
Yeah exactly. ALL my Targets have discontinued selling the game, so while yes IF you found one it would be cheap.

But since they don't sell the game anymore, that makes them rare and valuable.

If you claim to have so many near you, and so many players wanting the weapon. I don't see why you've been sitting around squandering this money opportunity for yourself.

You'd easily be able to sell those for $25 a pop.
what he said... sounds more like a typical troll though... lying or exaggerating something pointless to convey that we are all wrong and he's right... thus better and smarter than us.
Lt. Commander
# 195
11-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Troll? Nope.

There are several targets in my local area, and within the past 6 months, they have infact had Star Trek Online for sale. The lowest price at the furthest one away was $9.99, the rest were at $14.99 or higher, still not a bad price overall for the game, 30 days of time, and the TR-116.

Choose to believe me or not to believe me, that's your discretion, but I stand by my statement.

@John_Hardy: Not saying you're all wrong. Just saying that I have seen it for sale in my local Target stores within the past 6 months. They might not be at your local Targets, or you might not HAVE local Targets for all I know.
Lt. Commander
# 196
11-30-2011, 07:10 AM
wasnt it a preorder perk??
Lt. Commander
# 197
11-30-2011, 07:27 AM
No, it was an exclusive perk for only games at Target. But beware if you saw a game at target, it would show the perk on the box at the top left. No picture up there, no perk.

Alaris, if your Targets have them for so cheap, why not buy them up and share the wealth to some of your fellow players who desperately want one. I've had one for several months, so not talking about myself.
Lt. Commander
# 198
11-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
No, it was an exclusive perk for only games at Target. But beware if you saw a game at target, it would show the perk on the box at the top left. No picture up there, no perk.
I *think* it was also available in copies from game.co.uk, so some of our UK players may have the weapon as well.

IMO, anyone knowing the whereabouts of unused copies of STO *with* the weapon and yet bogarting said knowledge against the greater good of the STO player community is a HEARTLESS FIEND.
Lt. Commander
# 199
11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:

Alaris, if your Targets have them for so cheap, why not buy them up and share the wealth to some of your fellow players who desperately want one. I've had one for several months, so not talking about myself.
Currently job-seeking, sadly. Lost mine a while back, and the economy is being a steady annoyance in helping me obtain a new one.

Needless to say, when I get a job, I'll be picking up a few copies (if they are still there), but until then, there's nothing I can do.
Lt. Commander
# 200
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
Currently job-seeking, sadly. Lost mine a while back, and the economy is being a steady annoyance in helping me obtain a new one.

Needless to say, when I get a job, I'll be picking up a few copies (if they are still there), but until then, there's nothing I can do.
re-selling stuff at a higher value than you paid is a job... it's called profit. in fact, it's 100% profit. it's how I live life. I take advantage of sales and sell stuff on ebay at just below MSRP and still make money. but if you don't have $10 or $15 in your ability to buy, than I don't understand how you have the internet or how you're paying for STO...
you could literally sell any copy you bought for anywhere between 25 and 50 dollars... that's more than double the prices you claim Target's in your area sell them for...

and you aren't going to buy them, next time you're there, take a picture with something that just came out also in the picture and I'll believe you. I've checked every target in Massachusetts, Missouri and Illinois... as well as a few in the rest of New England... but the same story... gone. not even in their system. so, why and how your targets have something in their computer that isn't in other target's computer baffles me.

In fairness, I have found stuff in stores that they no longer sell... just not targets... I've found 2 generation old games at a few wal-marts in the past...