Lt. Commander
# 101
05-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow, might have to change the class of the USS Regel now. I've been in love with the constitution lately. This looks like a worthy decendant.
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Interesting idea... and a sexy look as well. Assuming it is a class we can play in game (I still wanna hear about the availability of the Nebula and Galaxy classes) I wonder hoe easy it would be to upgrade it? My understanding is that Starfleet vessels come with a significant amount of unused space to begin with, so that labs or expansions can be installed by the crews. If thats so it would seem relativly easy to install more science labs and such as needed...
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Any guesses as to what level players will have to be in order to access this vessel? Hopefully not too long.
Lt. Commander
# 104
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonide View Post
now we just need a playable Excelsior class, and i will be perfectly happy.
You read my mind. Excelsior was the best design they ever came up with (the original one, not the one with that silly bulge in the bow from Generations).
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Nice...I assume this means we'll be flying around in the 25th century and someone will be able to get the parts to make this look exactly like the old Constitution class ships...

Now lets see the Not-Excelsior but exactly like the Excelsior class....

Overall, still pretty disappointed in the seemingly total lack of originality in the starship classes in this game, they're all either copy and paste from Enterprise (Raptor, Romulan bird of prey seen in recent Gamespot screenshots) or one of the shows, or they're "current" versions of the exact same design that was deemed outdated (Constitution = Excalibur, Newbie ship = Miranda) or they're slightly altered from existing designs (NX-91001 = Sovereign, Oslo = Akira with a Norway Saucer section)

I like the look but it looks almost exactly like the Constitution class. I really hope they don't give us the ability to make these things look exactly like the old constitution class ships....if that's the case they might as well let me make the Defiant class look like an F-16...

Cryptic didn't design that :p Some guy designed that 40 years ago and Cryptic put nacelles and hull texture designed for more recent TNG movie ships on it :p

I have to admit, this doesn't bother me. I'm actually looking to zoom around in some known, traditional hulls. Just personal preference, though. You're certainly correct in that they're all recognizable.
Lt. Commander
# 106 Referb?
05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
It looks like a cross between the galaxy and sovereign class ships. For instance, take the basic outline and configuration of the Enterprise-D and up grade the nacelles, deflector dish and saucer with components from the Enterprise-E. Not a bad layout, but it does look like "starfleet" is looking back to his older roots to make better ships. (Like Ford did with the latest body of the mustang) I'm still a fan of the new Arika class ship, that NX they're comming out with.
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
love it!!!! we learned some interesitng mechanics to, being able to put your shields over enemy ships, trasporting repair crew to other ships and being able to hold down other ships. It sounds like a tank? or a tank/healer...anyway it looks great!!
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptXpendable View Post
Also remember that the Enterprise used an energy beam to recharge the Farpoint space jellyfish.
yes, the energy beam weapon used was a phaser
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Does this mean that Mackenzie Calhoun gets his Excalibur destroyed (again) by 2391 if they're commissioning a new Excalibur class of ships?
Lt. Commander
# 110
05-29-2009, 08:34 PM
BTW, why does a ship commisioned in 2391 has a higer registry number than a ship comisioned in 2409? (the NX-91001)