Lt. Commander
# 501
06-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Yeah and I dont mean to be cruel by saying this but by the 25th century shouldn't the primary load-out be quantum torps
Well the technobabble reasoning would be that the Photon Torpedo is easier to manufacture (casing also used for probes and the warhead and engine use simple Antimatter/matter reactions) and its explosion yield is highly adjustable while Quantum Torpedo's yield is always the highest possible. So quantum torpedo is almost purely a war weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 502
06-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
Soveriegn is the battleship unless they came up with a new fed design to displace it.
The Galxay, Ambassador, and Sovereign ships are most likely all battle ships. The Sovereign might be considered a kind of Super Destroyer compared to teh other 2 being just Desdtroyers and the Ambassador beign the newer version of it.

As far as the otehr questions, I think they will have updated Ambassador and Sovereign Ships but we certainly won't be commanding those or even earlier Ambassador or Galaxy Class ships at startup. The older versions will probably be 2nd tier ships with newer classes of them as 3rd tier along with updated Defiant Class ships. on second thought, I think updated Sovereigns will be 4th tier along with the Prometheus once it is no longer considered a prototype (unless the Prometheus is considered the next class up from a Soveriegn but I wouldn't think so I would consider it lStar Trek's equivalent to Aircraft Carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 503
06-22-2009, 11:40 PM
id stilll take the prometheaus lol,but great ship
Lt. Commander
# 504
06-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermgd View Post
The Galxay, Ambassador, and Sovereign ships are most likely all battle ships. The Sovereign might be considered a kind of Super Destroyer compared to teh other 2 being just Desdtroyers and the Ambassador beign the newer version of it.

As far as the otehr questions, I think they will have updated Ambassador and Sovereign Ships but we certainly won't be commanding those or even earlier Ambassador or Galaxy Class ships at startup. The older versions will probably be 2nd tier ships with newer classes of them as 3rd tier along with updated Defiant Class ships. on second thought, I think updated Sovereigns will be 4th tier along with the Prometheus once it is no longer considered a prototype (unless the Prometheus is considered the next class up from a Soveriegn but I wouldn't think so I would consider it lStar Trek's equivalent to Aircraft Carriers.
Ambassador by TNG would be a heavy cruiser or slightly above simply because it is smaller than Galaxy, is behind in technology. While the Galaxy has the mass and power to be a battleship, it lean heavily toward exploration. At best I see it as a light battleship, although when Dominion War rolled around and newly built Galaxy gave up lab/sensor space for extra shield generators I would consider it a medium battleship that lean toward combat endurance/durability. Sovereign I don't see as a super destroyer, it just happen to be highly optimized for combat (after hard lessons learned from the Galaxy in combat situations) while still having some capabilities of exploration and diplomatic function (abliet reduced in comparison to the Galaxy).

Promethues, a non seperation (<=my opinion) production version could stand in for the tactical heavy cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 505
06-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrachi View Post
id stilll take the prometheaus lol,but great ship
So would I, but again after reading the description of the Prometheus, it is a Sovereign upgrade so you would have to start with an Excalibur, Commercial lab vessel, Oslo,or another starter ship hten you could with experience move up to a Galaxy ,Ambassador Class, Defiant, etc. ship, then aSovereign Class or Galaxy/Ambassador/ etc. refit or upgrade and then finally a Prometheus and whatever else new Sovereign upgrade or some new class ship after that. So you'll have to wait awhile since that's the way command promotion works.
Lt. Commander
# 506
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Wouldn't they give older, weaker ships to newer, less experienced players and newer, stronger ships to more experienced players? e.g., wouldn't the newer player get Ambassador then Galaxy then Sovereign then Defiant the Prometheus then Oslo/Sxcalibur?
Lt. Commander
# 507
06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius_Worthing
Wouldn't they give older, weaker ships to newer, less experienced players and newer, stronger ships to more experienced players? e.g., wouldn't the newer player get Ambassador then Galaxy then Sovereign then Defiant the Prometheus then Oslo/Sxcalibur?
The Prometheus is the most advanced ship and is a Sovereign Class ship so it would be the most advanced ship given to the most experienced players. The reason I think the Oslo or Excalibur Class ships would be first is because of the class of the ship itself. So if they had an old Constitution cCass ship or even Miranda Class ship then yes the newer player should get that befor ethe Oslo but not likely before a Galaxy/Ambassador/or older Sovereign Class ship because these are more advanced larger military ships which require much more experience to command a crew of that size. The Excalibur is a new ship but given its size and class should be available immediately since it isn't even a military vessel as should the Commercial Laboratory ships.
Older Galaxy/Ambassador/and Sovereign ships would likely be next then the newer ones of those classes.

iw ould think that anyways because it takes more leadership experience to command larger crews so it would make snese thatwe would command smaller crews first then larger as we gain more experience.
Lt. Commander
# 508
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
This is a very nice ship, if only they had never designed the sovereign class starship (in my opinion) it's not worty of carrying the name "Enterprise."
Lt. Commander
# 509
06-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I would think so since the Sovreign Depicting ship carries the NX prefix therefore it is a prototype. Just like the Defiant, the NX-01 and the NX-02 were both prototypes. In this case that would mean that there are not as many prototype ships in starfleet as there are tested and commissioned vessels (NCC). That's the way I see it.
Lt. Commander
# 510
06-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treker101 View Post
I would think so since the Sovreign Depicting ship carries the NX prefix therefore it is a prototype. Just like the Defiant, the NX-01 and the NX-02 were both prototypes. In this case that would mean that there are not as many prototype ships in starfleet as there are tested and commissioned vessels (NCC). That's the way I see it.
I agree; at some point it will lose its NX prefix and Become the NCC ... Prometheus and then new prototypes can be developed we certainly will need them givent eh news from the Klingon update is scary Borg/Romulan combo tech, we definitely need some upgrades to deal with that..