Lt. Commander
# 221
03-29-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Wall
I'll Really glad you like the interior and especially the bridge. I study photo after photo to get everything as accurate as possible.
It really is fantastic work! Everyone involved should be very proud of it. My only question is will the bridge chairs round the sides face their consoles or will they always face towards the screen?

Either way - awesome work!
Lt. Commander
# 222
03-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers View Post
Please extend my congrats and gratitude to your artists on an excellent ship interior Mr. Stahl.

And now to the Animated series value pack! 3 legged crew-members, force field belts (with glowing outline effect), and aquashuttles ftw!
Don't forget the PINK tribble that instead of producing more tribbles, gets bigger when it eats! Of course, it was because it was filling up with tribbles, so at a random feeding it should pop and produce a small starter pink tribble and a selection of random tier 1-4 tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 223
03-29-2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek
1. Transporter Room beam out ... PLEASE!!!!
2. I haven't bought the pack yet, pay-day is Friday, but I'm hoping this is intended.. so you can equip your Bridge Officers for your away missions.. heh

As far as the TOS Tunic... I think it's pretty much spot on actually:
Shatner vs C-Store Pic

Saith
Well, this was my one disappointment. Right after buying this I had to go out an make a new character designed around this set, so I could do the Vault if the F shuttle. So, in doing missions to level up, I go to rescue the SS Azuria and

The transporter person was not in TOS uniform and the transporter room was not MY transprter room, it was the current standard one. I was all set to geek out at transporting from the TOS transporter room. I suppose it is a lot of work to fix the missions to go with the ship, but this made me sad in an otherwise awesome day.
Lt. Commander
# 224
03-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShrike View Post
My only problem with the bridge layout is that I can't bump my science officer out of the way so I can look through his 'viewmaster'. I've always wanted to know what Spock saw when he looked in that thing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2l38DoqsQ
Lt. Commander
# 225
03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Fantastic work with the TOS set, an RP'ers dream come true. Particular kudos goes to the NPCs in original uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 226
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
This TOS interior is really well done!!

I get a kick out of every new thing I find.

Feel free to add more to this interior set anytime, I love discovering new stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 227 Scaling
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
I love the scaling...much more believable. I hope they do the same with all the bridges and interior sets for starships. Any plans for the Star Trek Enterprise Bridge? I like to have my NX with the right bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 228
03-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
If you were to go back and recolor the ceiling lights and the lights below the consoles to be coloured (currently the white lights make the bridge seem less colorful than it should) then it would be perfect!
Oooh, great catch and awesome reference pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
The only real problem I see is that the helm console is too big for the helm personnel to actually reach across. Other than that, delicious!
Here are a couple of comparison shots. Still very delish, but could still use a bit of tweaking. :3

Canon

STO

My list of requests for tweaks to the TOS interior.
  1. Coloured lights at the top, as mentioned, but also at the bottom of the bridge.

2. Red Alert / General Quarters panels should actually be tinted red

3. Helm station far too large

4. Chairs missing the little triangle pattern on the backs (Me being pedantic)

5. Crew not sporting TOS Starfleet regulation sideburns (Me being ultra-ultra-pedantic)

6. Bio-beds in sick bay missing the little clear glass/plastic cones beneath the readouts, pointed at the beds.

7. Engineering feels like it might be half the size it should be (shouldn't i be two stories tall?)

8. Monitor in the captain's quarters showing a sick bay health monitor

9. Could the mission replay terminal be moved to the Captain's quarters?

10. Should I turn this into a separate thread all its own? :3
Lt. Commander
# 229
03-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Engineering feels like it might be half the size it should be (shouldn't i be two stories tall?)
Part of the problem is the Engineering set itself is somewhat inconsistent between episodes. It kinda expands over time.
Lt. Commander
# 230 Some Other Nitpicks
03-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Oooh, great catch and awesome reference pic!

Here are a couple of comparison shots. Still very delish, but could still use a bit of tweaking. :3

Canon

STO

My list of requests for tweaks to the TOS interior.
  1. Coloured lights at the top, as mentioned, but also at the bottom of the bridge.

2. Red Alert / General Quarters panels should actually be tinted red

3. Helm station far too large

4. Chairs missing the little triangle pattern on the backs (Me being pedantic)

5. Crew not sporting TOS Starfleet regulation sideburns (Me being ultra-ultra-pedantic)

6. Bio-beds in sick bay missing the little clear glass/plastic cones beneath the readouts, pointed at the beds.

7. Engineering feels like it might be half the size it should be (shouldn't i be two stories tall?)

8. Monitor in the captain's quarters showing a sick bay health monitor

9. Could the mission replay terminal be moved to the Captain's quarters?

10. Should I turn this into a separate thread all its own? :3
Before I start, I wanna say, I LOVE what Cryptic has done here, as I am a BIG TOS fan and I love everything here.
That being said I would like to add some of the "goofs or issues" that I've noticed and havent seen other people comment on.....

the "status monitors" on the sides of the viewscreen (but before the consoles start) are wrong.

there is no companel or microtape reader on the Captain's Chair

the back of the turbolift is just.....weird

the Engineering deck seems super small, especially in comparison to the crew deck

---more minor, nitpicky stuff--

on the engineering deck, the turbolift doors are blue

would like to see the "other kind" of Jeffries Tube entrance, as seen in "Everything Old is New" and in the Jeffries Tube zone itself

would like to see the three-sided triangular ladders lead to the Jeffries Tube instead of the "traditional"-style ones

the chaser lights underneath the viewscreen feel too 24th Century

turbolift signage should be above the door and all signage overall should be smaller

no blue light border around the viewscreen

the moire at the science bridge station doesn't animate "properly" (although, this one, I understand why)

Again, all criticisms, aside, I am very happy with this set. I don't want the wrong message sent out that I'm unhappy with the set. Just a few things I noticed that stuck out to me.