Lt. Commander
# 231
03-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Oooh, great catch and awesome reference pic!

Here are a couple of comparison shots. Still very delish, but could still use a bit of tweaking. :3

Canon

STO

My list of requests for tweaks to the TOS interior.
  1. Coloured lights at the top, as mentioned, but also at the bottom of the bridge.

2. Red Alert / General Quarters panels should actually be tinted red

3. Helm station far too large

4. Chairs missing the little triangle pattern on the backs (Me being pedantic)

5. Crew not sporting TOS Starfleet regulation sideburns (Me being ultra-ultra-pedantic)

6. Bio-beds in sick bay missing the little clear glass/plastic cones beneath the readouts, pointed at the beds.

7. Engineering feels like it might be half the size it should be (shouldn't i be two stories tall?)

8. Monitor in the captain's quarters showing a sick bay health monitor

9. Could the mission replay terminal be moved to the Captain's quarters?

10. Should I turn this into a separate thread all its own? :3
Some of this stuff was just so nitpicky that it really really is kind of petty.... No regulation sideburns? The screen not the exact shade it should be? Chair missiing a triangle I never even noticed before.. come on dude.
Your worse than a Stan Lee Spider Man fan at a Todd McFarlane Spiderman book signing. Did you really need to mention some of taht stuff even as a joke?

As for the Engineering, it had Tardis Syndrome, it changed shape and size depending on what the plot needed, it was THE most inconsistent room on the entire ship, especially from season to season.

But since you know every little detail of what was was wrong with the pack, I'm sure you knew that as well. :p
Lt. Commander
# 232
03-31-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions View Post
Some of this stuff was just so nitpicky that it really really is kind of petty.... No regulation sideburns? The screen not the exact shade it should be? Chair missiing a triangle I never even noticed before.. come on dude.
Your worse than a Stan Lee Spider Man fan at a Todd McFarlane Spiderman book signing. Did you really need to mention some of taht stuff even as a joke?

As for the Engineering, it had Tardis Syndrome, it changed shape and size depending on what the plot needed, it was THE most inconsistent room on the entire ship, especially from season to season.

But since you know every little detail of what was was wrong with the pack, I'm sure you knew that as well. :p
Try looking up the meaning of pedantic, you'll understand that your calling me petty and nitpicky was wholly unnecessary. Unless that's just how you get your jollies.
Lt. Commander
# 233
03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
So anyway, I like it except I have a criticism of my own.

I liked the transporter room from the Enterprise. If that is what they were going for, then the door to the room should be (if you are standing at the transporter console) to the right a couple of feet. The transporter console should be a little to the left (about 1.5 feet). The transporter itself should be turned to face the console more and it should be more in-line with the back part in the area where the ladder is located.

Call me crazy, but that's what I remember.
Lt. Commander
# 234
03-31-2011, 07:43 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 235
03-31-2011, 12:24 PM
"2) You can summon as many Type 2 Phasers as you want. (Not sure this was intentional or not)."

I'm sure this was intended. I equipped my entire crew with them.
Lt. Commander
# 236
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyMaverick View Post
"2) You can summon as many Type 2 Phasers as you want. (Not sure this was intentional or not)."

I'm sure this was intended. I equipped my entire crew with them.
It's intentional. So you can outfit your whole landing party with Trek appropriate weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 237
03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
The scale is very good (well, as good as you can get when using a 3rd person camera) but was there a reason why the Helm/Navigation console is so damn big? Everything else looks good but they have this great big huge helm console, what's up with that?
Lt. Commander
# 238
04-01-2011, 05:13 AM
just bought the package and I love it all, Cryptic keep it coming
Lt. Commander
# 239
04-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I can't wait to get this interior into the Foundry so that players can make time travel missions
Awesome Quote of the Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 240
04-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Refelian View Post
It really is fantastic work! Everyone involved should be very proud of it. My only question is will the bridge chairs round the sides face their consoles or will they always face towards the screen?

Either way - awesome work!
Agreed - Great job Sam - oh and NICE touch to the wall plaque... also agree with request to rotate chairs to face console