Lt. Commander
# 21
03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek
I, too, am very interested to know the answer to this...

Well, I don't know if its a consideration on their part at all.. but with the number of people that are bound to already have the TOS Connie.. either through pre-orders (like myself) or C-Store purchase.. maybe they didn't see the need to include the ship for that reason? Just guessing there...

Saith, and Jolan'tru
I agree. I think the ship was left out because of consideration of those(like myself) who already have the Connie.

However, I would like to get this bundle as i use the TOS Movie version as my ship, but would like the TOS show version for my interior. I loved the Devidian episodes and would liek to keep that interior.

So really, all I need to know if exatly how much is being saved by purchasing this bundle? With no individual items to compare to, I am left hoping that the additional ~9 to 11 dollars is worthwhile content.

What say the rest of you?
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker1988 View Post
Any Chances will see a Bundle like this for the following:

TNG Bundle
VOY Bundle

it would be most welcome!!!

Trekker1988
I would eventually like to see a "Motion Picture" interior, which could use design elements from the Enterprise as shown in ST I-VI, and the Excelsior. I know there was a lot of design modification from TMP to TWOK.. but a surprising amount of it stayed the same. And between the hallways and Cargo Bay, Recreation Area and Engineering shots of TMP, the hallways and Engineering sections of TWOK, the Brig, Turboshafts, access-ways and Lounge of ST5, the Cnnference/Dining room and Galley of ST6 and Myriad Bridge, transporter, sickbay, and Captain's-Quarters shots, there's surely plenty of on-screen shots from which to build a decent interior that would satisfy fans.

And yes, Cryptic, I would be very glad to pay for it in the C-Store. It'd be nice to have a place to walk around in my TMP/WOK uniforms... and honestly, that's the "Star Trek" of my youth.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I am also wondering what limited time means, i would assume it means limited amount of time the item will be available but that seems totally ridiculous.

I was also very much hopeing the TOS pack was going to have a Real RetroFit Connie, Unlike the lieutenant level one which isnt any better than the cstore or preorder one!

UPDATE FROM ONLINE CSTORE ENTRY:

The TOS Value Bundle limited time offer includes:
- 3 Federation Costume Packs: TOS Dress Uniform, Medical Uniform and Command Tunic

so its just that the costume packs will not allways be included in the bundle!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-25-2011, 02:42 PM
As much as I love and support what cryptic is doing, i have to admit i had no interest in getting this set.

Then i saw the video.

Darn fine work. Definitely buying it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-25-2011, 02:43 PM
More c-store stuff sigh.

Anywas i wanted the interior only , the rest is cack, im in no hurry for interior either as theres nothing to do in it, interested to see what they look like though! now to keep my promise to myself and no more money on the c-store......
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
The TOS Bundle Pack doesn't include:
  • TOS Constitution Class Starship
  • TOS Standard Duty Uniforms
  • TOS Mirror-Mirror Uniforms
  • TOS Type 3 Phaser Rifle (available as in-game reward) (is there a Type 1 Phaser?)
  • Tribbles

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I think that the TOS Value Pack is a great value, but I would love to see a "Super-Bundle" that included the Connie, and TOS Duty/Mirror uniforms.
Type 1 phasers are available as a reward for the guardian of forever mission
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-25-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm stuck at work and drooling over the pictures... They really look amazing! And to hear we get a pistol and shuttle, and new uniforms are available, and wow oh-wow! So really amazing TOS Love being dolled out. I look forward to grabbing these when I get home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMagio
...I am the only one who was hoping they'd include the sleeveless uniform variant that Kirk wore in the mirror universe episode? ...Just wanted to give the heads-up that there is some interest.
No, you're not the only one. I would like that too. I imagine it'll get here some day.

Quote:
Is there a Type 1 Phaser?
Yes, you can get the Type 1 Phaser in game. It's an Uncommon weapon (not Rare like the Types 2 & 3 given in the Devidian FEs). IIRC it's a Mission Replay reward for Past Imperfect ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
As a TOS fan, I had to squeal with delight.

As a canon nazi, I had to cringe when I saw it.
I feel ya... There is a part of me that cringes, but the part that's squealing like a ten year old school girl just beat up that ol' grinchy part, so I'm stuck being gleefully happy!

Quote:
I would eventually like to see a "Motion Picture" interior, which could use design elements from the Enterprise as shown in ST I-VI, and the Excelsior. I know there was a lot of design modification from TMP to TWOK...
This as well. I really hope this is just another STO/Cryptic Step in the right direction, that some day well get Packs for the movies, TNG, DS9, VOY, etc. I'm also hoping there is some day a KDF TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, etc. packs...

Personally, I'm most looking forward to a TNG set, I can't wait to see interiors like these in STO:
https://picasaweb.google.com/bobclem...51350794118882
https://picasaweb.google.com/bobclem...51374663658162
https://picasaweb.google.com/bobclem...50829382550322
https://picasaweb.google.com/bobclem...50913603371810

Lt. Commander
# 28
03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
I may be wrong, but isn't the Type II phaser actually a reward for part of the Devidian story arc? It would make a lot more sense to offer the Type I version that you can easily conceal in the palm of your hand.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I love my Connie's new bridge... The interiors are great, particularly the captain's quarters and the creative use of Jefferies' Tubes.

One question, though. With no ready room (at least none that I could find), is Episode Replay therefore not an option when using this bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-25-2011, 03:09 PM
*claps obnoxiously loud* Great, great work.