Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
03-26-2011, 07:01 AM
is any1 else disapointed the type 2 phaser was common quality, making it about as useful as a waterpistol for my VA, love the pack though, and with out the phaser i would have no complaints
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
03-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I've got a couple of things to say

1) It's great that its here for all you TOS Fans, but when are the rest of us gonna see our Era get some love?

2) Why is it missing so much TOS stuff?

3) How long is "limited"?

4) How long till the TNG bundle?

5) Why so much 1st Season?

TBH, if they had made it round 2000 and included the other TOS stuff, and made the rank braids on the Captain optional, I'd buy it, but it ain't worth it to me as is
Firstly I want to say an awsome job, with all the constant dailies i had gotten a bit bored of things till now , this has rejuvinated me greatly ty so very much, second you say some love for TNG stuff well its all been in game for a very long time and they updated it last month with the open jackets and a variant top, weapons tricoders have been here and several of the ships, and even the agt uniforms soooooooo how much love do you think it needs lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
03-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Firstly I want to say an awsome job, with all the constant dailies i had gotten a bit bored of things till now , this has rejuvinated me greatly ty so very much, second you say some love for TNG stuff well its all been in game for a very long time and they updated it last month with the open jackets and a variant top, weapons tricoders have been here and several of the ships, and even the agt uniforms soooooooo how much love do you think it needs lol
The interiors suck, the bridges are far, far from accurate, and so are the uniforms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
03-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
im really getting tired of this constant remove'il of scaling items they are just so helpfull, they have to remove everything good


While the "greedy little kid" in me agrees that it sucks to have "all the good stuff" taken out, from the game-side perspective.. You can run the Episodes, all of them, from rank 10.. that's not even to Lt Commander, your still in the very start of the game.

To give the "lowbies" weapons, etc., that level with them means they can by-pass anything else later on. With changing them to the mission replay rewards, you can still get them, but it definitely encourages you to continue actually playing the game to keep them level appropriate for your captain.

I don't really like it either, but I completely see and understand the reasoning behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
dont forget the fact their were no tellerates in tos because they hadnt traveled that far but the thing randomly generates tellerates in tos uniforms!
Um.. wrong?

TOS had Tellerites
...


Saith
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75 Good bundle
03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Got the TOS bundle yesterday. I must say I really enjoyed it. I view Star Trek Online as an entertainment product like watching a movie, etc. The experience of manipulating images of the TOS ship interior in real time is wonderful. Hearing the old school phaser sound firing in the background is pleasing and brings back the fond memories of watching TOS.

Hopefully the TOS bundle will generate enough revenue for the development team to work on other Star Trek ship interiors.

Pricing is reasonable, comparable to the price of a movie ticket or Blu-ray.

How about a retrofit TOS Enterprise to complement the bundle?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
03-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
is any1 else disapointed the type 2 phaser was common quality, making it about as useful as a waterpistol for my VA, love the pack though, and with out the phaser i would have no complaints
I find stun phasers to always be useful. Even as an Admiral.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
03-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Foundry related question :

I'm curious , will players be able to craft 23rd century story lines now with this costume/interior pack , or was that ability there before hand ?
(total noob question I know , but I was curious )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
03-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
this one is different than the one you get from the devidens missions because it is different colors and levels up with you as you level ( which the one from the devidens mission use to do till this patch with the new cstore pack came out and they decide to be overly gay and remove the scaling from the deviden phasers
Well, that's disappointing.
Does that mean the damage rating of the TOS weapons will always be what it is, regardless of your level?
Or will your level determine the damage ratings?

I noticed that the TOS phaser rifle also changed while I was pondering the differences, there's now a III on them that didn't use to be there.

I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of collecting them now.
I only keep scaling weapons, so if they don't scale anymore, what's the point of keeping them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
At this point also you should have bought everything at once if you do for some reason to decided to buy the others
The whole point is that I wasn't going to buy the whole pack in the first place.

I only wanted the medical tunic.

I bought the wraparound tunic too, but was annoyed because I couldn't customize it as much as I'd hoped.
All I could do was change the primary color!

The rest of it holds no interest for me.
I don't want the interiors, the shuttlecraft or the other uniform options.

I would have liked the hand phaser, but spending that much for one ingame gun I already own a version of?
No thank you.

Therefore, I'm never going to buy the rest of it and that decision will never change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
03-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Are they taking away the bundle after the "limited time" or are they increasing price or something else?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
03-27-2011, 04:27 AM
I love the new look of a lot of the uniforms, but the main problem i'm having is that My captain is borg infected as a skin type. this kind of leaves him out of wearing a lot of uniforms simply because the option only goes to his neck. His hands are still regular human, his torso is regular human. I REALLY want the new uniform packs but i can't wear them seeing how they give my character a Semi borged out farmers tan. Not cool. Is there any chance you can fix this please?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.