Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Like many players, I am disapointed that certain items are available in the c-store that are not available elsewhere, and even more disapointed that certain things (such as increased XP) can now be purchased.

The dev team told us that they would never put something in the C-store that would give you an advantage over others, is the ability to BUY increased xp (pretty much comparable to just purchasing XP) not giving players who use such a service an advantage over others?

Why cant this feature be in the game for completing certain missions or having a 'rested' xp bonus similar to WoW.

I know that xp isnt really an issue for the fed side, but it can make all the difference to playing a KDF character.

The C-store needs to walk a fine line, and I think it has definitly been crossed, I am dissapointed that the dev team feels it is ok to allow players with more money than others, to simply buy thier XP.

What do others think about this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
XP boost are also drops in game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I think the C-Store needs to go, or the monthly sub needs to go.

Being charged extra for goodies in game you want and no reasonable (key word: reasonable) in game way to procure said items.... makes me feel like my $15 are thrown away on nothing.

At this point I've begun to realize I should cancel between seasons and simply wait for the season releases. It's the only way to get bang for my buck. Everything that is released between seasons is C-Store related.

I hate to be so blunt. I love the game. But this is becoming clearer to me with every "NEW C-STORE ITEM" release and nothing for my sub money.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacatchman View Post
Being charged extra for goodies in game you want and no reasonable (key word: reasonable) in game way to procure said items
What do you define as "reasonable"? All the Featured Episodes (and commensurate in-game items), remastered episodes, sector space updates etc. have all been free.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
XP boost are also drops in game.
Thats cool, I have never come across it, could you explain to me in what kind of scenario you get it? is it from a mission or an actual item that drops? thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:

I hate to be so blunt. I love the game. But this is becoming clearer to me with every "NEW C-STORE ITEM" release and nothing for my sub money.
I agree that the dev team (seemingly to me anyway) spend alot more time and effort into items that you have to pay for (that by all rights should be available in game with a little effort)

What happend to the idea that all c-store items would be available one way or another through the game? I would hate for sto to head down the 'evony' road. But it is slipping closer and closer to that path in my opinion.

And so I am not being too negative, I would like to say that I love the game and the most recent episode release was fantastic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
What do you define as "reasonable"?
If I want to get a retrofit, for example, I either pay like $12 (a month sub, basically) or grind out 500 emblems.

When I rejoined the game, I had 0 emblems. Do you know how many days it would require to get 500 emblems?

That's unreasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
I would be more than happy to see compelling crafting options for C-Store items.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
What do you define as "reasonable"? All the Featured Episodes (and commensurate in-game items), remastered episodes, sector space updates etc. have all been free.
But you say that like that's unusual. It shouldn't be. At all. New missions for Klingons shouldn't cost extra. Polish on old content shouldn't cost extra. Fixing rushed things... shouldn't be extra.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Quote:
But you say that like that's unusual. It shouldn't be.
You are also kind of making it sound like everything that has come out for the game since launch has been C-Store related. It has not been.

NCSoft does the same with CoH. Booster packs are separate purchases and I do not recall being able to get them in game by any means.