Lt. Commander
# 1 TOS Bundle, LOVE IT!, and....
03-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm 100% content using it with a Tier 1 connie.

Very impressive, and i noticed that pretty much all chairs on in the interior and bridge have sitting-in-chair tech.

And something really shocking.... i thought i would never make this complaint but...... Engineering feels too small!!!
For once i can actually complain about something in STO actually being too small!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I'm 100% content using it with a Tier 1 connie.

Very impressive, and i noticed that pretty much all chairs on in the interior and bridge have sitting-in-chair tech.

And something really shocking.... i thought i would never make this complaint but...... Engineering feels too small!!!
For once i can actually complain about something in STO actually being too small!!!!
Actually, the layout for Engineering is totally wrong.

As you enter, there should be a small room immediately to the right, and a master monitor to the left, separated from the rest of Engineering by a small red grille. In main engineering, there should be a central console where the Dilithium Crystals are (watch Elaan of Troyius), and a second level above the consoles on the left side. The Impulse stacks are too narrow (actually, the whole room is too narrow, and short). Engineering actually encompasses two deck levels.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=D4bSEMJ8cJy

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoYAJ5Y...ut-sheet-8.jpg

(Actually, now that I look at the diagrams at Ex Astris Scientia, I notice it does look a lot like the Season 1 Engineering...)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Actually thats one of those trick things, because the Engineering interior changed significantly during the run of the series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 11:59 AM
The Engineering they gave us is the version from Space Seed, I'm guessing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Actually, the layout for Engineering is totally wrong.

As you enter, there should be a small room immediately to the right, and a master monitor to the left, separated from the rest of Engineering by a small red grille. In main engineering, there should be a central console where the Dilithium Crystals are (watch Elaan of Troyius), and a second level above the consoles on the left side. The Impulse stacks are too narrow (actually, the whole room is too narrow, and short). Engineering actually encompasses two deck levels.
Is it missing the convenient never-before-seen-or-even-seen-again little endtable that held the convenient wrench for the fight scene in "Court Martial"? If so, then that is REALLY a reason to nitpick!

What about those pipe things Kirk spanked Khan with?

Or a craftable M-5 unit?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Actually thats one of those trick things, because the Engineering interior changed significantly during the run of the series.
That it did for sure
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
aye, she's a beauty all right.

im not the biggest TOS fan in the world but i really did like the ship interior. all very, very nice.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm a bit disappointed by it, for a few reasons:

- Command tunic has the rank insignia bound to it, so even if you use the sleeve stripes, there's still going to be the 'Captain' rank chevrons on the shoulder. Giving the option to toggle them on/off would allow us to use just the sleeve insigna, la 'The Trouble with Tribbles'.

- Don't like the 'skin-tight' approach for the Medical tunic - needs to be baggier. Doesn't help that the current 'TOS' uniforms are based on the JJ Movie ones (hence the massive seams!). Plus, the medical patch is wrong (shouldn't have a circle around the cross), and there's no Nurse variant.

- Shuttle model is VERY approximate, and the glowing nacelle tips don't look right. Would have helped to have the TOS-style hull material like that on the Constitution, complete with correct nacelles and Starfleet pennants. Also, this should be applied to the 'pet', to better match the TOS Constitution.

- While things like the Jefferies tubes are cool in the new interior, the little labels everywhere, the STO-style trophy shelves and the really cheap-looking dedication plaque are a let-down. There are plenty of lighting/colouring errors, and the 'shutters' on the 'windows don't make sense, considering that the 'curved' windows don't match any windows found on the outside of the hull.

On the plus side, the variant phaser looks COOL, and it's great that it's got stats to match the existing Type-2 (as makes sense - why would it function differently?). Can't find fault with the dress uniforms, either, and the option to choose 3 seperate uniform styles and 5 options for decorations (all based on familiar canon versions) is very, very nice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
I'm a bit disappointed by it, for a few reasons:

[Trim]

There are plenty of lighting/colouring errors, and the 'shutters' on the 'windows don't make sense, considering that the 'curved' windows don't match any windows found on the outside of the hull.

[Trim]
Some one had done a very nice post showing images of the Enterprise model with a set of curved windows, on the starboard side, just below the bridge. Unfortunately I do not have time to dig it up right now.

Frankly this is just TOS time period. It does not have to be exactly ENTERPRISE as it appeared in episode xx season yy.
Lt. Commander