Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2011, 07:16 AM
I want both.
A strong PvE storyline prescence that makes playing the KDF more enjoyable than grinding for emblems and a strong PvP presence thats not constantly being gimped to allow for fedration participation. Its hard to be a PvP faction when everytime you do well in pvp (pug) you are gimped alittle or the opposition is buffed to overcome your "percieved" advantage.
Thats were the lie began, the KDF is a pvp faction, as in my opinion we have suffered continiuos loss of faction individuality and effectiveness in design within the pvp arena due to fed whines that we are/were too OP.
Kinda hard to have a pvp faction and then not let them pvp well or even handicap it do to the complaints of others, or just downright ignore them over the big spenders.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Unfortunately, the Foundry's missions aren't allowed to have a completion reward of any kind attached. So no Skill Points, Energy Credits, Bridge Officer Points, Honor/Merits, Items, etc. This makes playing them not better than just grinding the Unknown Systems in the Exploration sectors, DSE's, Khaless Expanse/Nebulae, without having the mission that send you to these locations, because all you will receive is whatever you get from the kills themselves based on your difficulty slider setting, plus whatever story is written to go with the UGC. When you add in the extra time it'll take to go through the story just to earn the pittances we receive per kill, this will actually be a slower grind than the locations I've already mentioned. This is why the Foundry will not help fill those gaps the way the devs are counting on. I fear this misconception on the part of the devs will only be used as yet another excuse to not finish the KDF like they've been promising for over a year.
Well that was the reason for the "If" in my statement.
The Devs promised that they would "find ways" to make foundry missions rewarding. And it is still just on trible. Ok, they promised a fleshed out Klingon fraction and well, every season yet a "klingon focussed season" wich we didnt get yet, but since the foundy is fed content too it actually MIGHT happen that they find that promised "ways".

edit: just found out that the foundry is on holodeck now^^ But still beta, so it might happen anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2011, 11:24 AM
First off, a warning. We all know that if the devs were ever to announce an update that was solely (or even just primarily) focused on PvP content that all of the Fed Care Bears will cry foul.

That said, we do need a major PvP overhaul, but not at the expense of other things. As PF said above, we were originally touted as a fully-fleshed faction with plenty of PvE content. Then they realized that they couldn't deliver and promptly announced that we were PvP-oriented. And that ****ed off a lot of us KDF fans, because a lot of us don't like PvP, or at least don't want to be FORCED to PvP to level.

I'd rather see a focus on quality missions (like the ones we got) and customization options (like costume pieces, ship skins, etc).

I'd love to see both PvP and PvE stuff, but with a much larger focus on giving us what was originally promised.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
First off, a warning. We all know that if the devs were ever to announce an update that was solely (or even just primarily) focused on PvP content that all of the Fed Care Bears will cry foul.
Which why I do not want a pure pvp factional objective.
Personally I would never believe that the Devs would support it without attempting balances to help those feds whom cry OP when they may lose, spinning the KDF pvp aspect back into just being monster play for us.

An unfair assumption I know.

Tis better to give the KDF pve enough to flesh us out and just balance PvP best they can.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I want both, too.

PvP is probably never going to be my primary interest. I stink at it in every PvP game I've ever played. I will never be able to react fast enough to be a good PvP'er even if I got keybinds set up. I would like to experience it more, though. I created a KDF Orion Science Officer for the express purpose of being able to take a support role in PvP and I'll eventually get around to it after the PvP system gets a little more love.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Gentlemen, perhaps both KDF & PvP fraction have dwindled away to a point where Cryptic, from an economical point of view, simply doesn't see sense in supporting either. Feels a little like that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I can tell you what will improve PvP....

Making the Feds do it more often.

The reason they cry nerf and OP all the time is because they don't PvP till they are bored, or maxed out. Then they fly in with their fancy ship, all decked out with the top end gear and die. It's never their fault. It's always because KDF is OP.

Klingons need PvP for gear, so we do it all through our growing process. We learn early on and get better as we go. Then the Feds decide to join in and lose due to lack of experience.

Making them learn to PvP would go a long way to making it better.

We had two Karfi in a PvP match today, only 2. They were killed the most out of the entire group, but the one time they doubled up on a cruiser and managed to bring him down he immediately started his QQ in chat about how he "can't wait till Cryptic kills that spam crap" and "Klinks are dead then". he claimed he only died because he couldn't target for the ship spam.

For the record, the Klingons lost that match. And for the record, BOTH Karfi were using Frigates. The fact he had more mines on the field than there were frigates, and he had two stacks of Scorpions out seemed to not matter. The 5 Frigates were just too much spam.

As I was flying my vulcan ship today, to help a friend do some PvP, I came over and killed one of the karfi, while both were attacking me. Turns out, they weren't even set up well.

"Learn 2 play. I'm in a vulcan Sci, as a Sci, and I had no issues" I reply.

He quits and leaves the match. I hear him later in Gamma zone complaing that PvP isn't even fun anymore for all the fighters. So I jumped in to correct him that they both had Frigates, killed them myself. Not a single enemy fighter ever detected. I used PSW once to eliminate some mines and killed one frigate too. I called him a baby who had 4 kills, but quit when he died once. One death. They were losing by 5 points, and he quit.

Teach these people how to play the game, teach them how to counter certain tactics and how to work as a team. THAT will improve PvP. Otherwise, it's all moot anyway.

Full impules into the crowd and complain cause you died in 6 seconds. Equipping nothing but DPS skills, and complain cause you can't tank. Having four differnt beam types on your ship, and complain cause you can't DPS. Trying to single handedly take on a group, when you could stick with and attack what your team is attacking instead.

Duh. What did you expect? Oh...guess we should nerf the KDF some more so the morons have a chance to win once in a while. Sure. That sounds fun. The KDF will take one for the team, right guys? No sense in trying to make better players, lets just give them the advantage.

Worst part is, even with the advantage's you already have...you still lose more than you win. According to you. When we start flying ships with 1 forward and 1 rear weapon slot, 10k hull, 2k shields and a two ensign BO slots you will still claim we are OP. But by then...you'll only be fighting in FvF anyway, cause we all will have quit over here.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Forcing people to PvP doesn't do anyone any favors. Nor would it necessarily create better players, as Staalker's anecdote demonstrates. And telling people to "learn 2 play" and calling them "baby" is the kind of stuff that drives people away from PvP who otherwise might try it and enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-05-2011, 11:11 AM
While I don't agree in the part about forcing Feds to PvP, I do agree that they need to learn the difference between fighting NPC ships and other players. The Fed QQ is based on their experience in blowing sh** out of the water that has limited intelligence then are surprised that they can be taken down so easily by a well prepared team.

Despite not being a big PvP fan, I've done it both as a Fed and as a Klingon. I've won and lost just as many matches on both sides of the fence. Sometimes the Feds are able to coordinate better than the KDF, sometimes they have no clue what to do. It's partially the luck of the draw.

I tend to suck at PvP (which is why I barely do it). However, I can still hold my own in a good group that knows what it's doing. The Fed cry of OP and the KDF cry of "lrn2play" don't help matters. It just makes that divide wider and pushes people away from the main focus of the "other" faction.

What we really need is more (both quality- and quantity-wise) PvE content first. THEN we can ask for a revamped PvP structure.

That's my $0.02 worth.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
I was suggesting that Feds be "forced" to PvP, just to do it more often. Practice, they say, makes perfect.

Yes, I called him a baby and told him to learn to play. Several of us tried to give him help on what he should have done differently, and how to deal with the things he was having trouble with. He refused to listen, he had an excuse for why all of what we said was bogus. Despite the fact we had shown him first hand that it was possible, and that it was fairly easy to achieve, he said he wasn't changing him build just to play PvP.

It's that mentality that drives us apart. So, yes, I called him a baby and told him to learn to play and not cry foul because he didn't know how to deal with something. Frankly, people like him have no place in PvP. They want to change the game to fit their ideals instead of changing themselves to fit the game.

I was play as a Fed, not a Klingon. It's funny that the last week I have been in PvP 12 times, lost 10 of those. Not once did any KDF players complain. The two times we won though, all we heard was Fed players complaining.

I have max characters on both sides, but I play my KDF more. I don't pick on one side. I don't have undying loyalty to one side. I call it like I see it in game. I am sure there are plenty of complaints from KDF that make some think there is crying going on.

The complaints, however, are about content, broken ships (B-rel) and leveling woes. You don't see teh KDF come here often and complain that something the Fed has is so OP we can't win. Frankly, the KDF don't win much at the higher tiers, not in my experience. Yet, somehow, we still keep getting nerfed because someone got killed and felt embarassed by it.

It's tiresome. It's silly. Honestly, I am sick of hearing these PvE babied players talk about it.