Lt. Commander
# 1 Rise of Darkness trailer
03-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Check out the trailer for Rise of Darkness (pt1) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceeGSqdsgv0

Your search for survivors from the missing USS Venture brings you into contact with a reclusive race that fought a long war against the Sheliak Corporate. While attempting to rescue the Venture's crew, a mystery unfolds surrounding the aliens and the return of an ancient race that aims to destroy all life in the galaxy.

This is my first full-length mission and I'd love to get some feedback. I was able to test the abilities of the Foundry early on when I made Starfleet Academy Kobayashi Maru (trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzSw753DVpY ) and the comments I got were really helpful in creating this mission.

I know everyone looks for something different out of these missions so this won't be for everyone, but it took a lot of work and I'd love to hear what people liked/hated about it so I can make the next part even better. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Your gamma and contrast get strange in the video.

Is that intended?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Now that is probably the best trailer I have seen. Not too long, and very exciting. I cant wait to try this out later tonight
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Your gamma and contrast get strange in the video.

Is that intended?

Not at all. I've tried 2 different video capture programs and both were problematic. If you (or anyone) knows of a program that works better I will owe you big time! I had to make do with the limited settings on the ones I downloaded.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Now that is probably the best trailer I have seen. Not too long, and very exciting. I cant wait to try this out later tonight
Thanks! I read your advice to somebody else about keeping it short and thought it was a smart idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Sweet fancy moses! What an incredible mission! This is what Star Trek is all about, and this mission also shows you how much potential this game has. Fantastic set design and what a great story. Thank you for all the time you put into this, it really made my evening. I cant wait to play the next part
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81nx
Not at all. I've tried 2 different video capture programs and both were problematic. If you (or anyone) knows of a program that works better I will owe you big time! I had to make do with the limited settings on the ones I downloaded.
I think it's likely an issue with whatever codec you're using to compress.

To capture, I use:
  • camstudio (freeware)
  • Fraps (shareware)
As for codes:
  • Fraps has its own codec
  • Camstudio I use either xvid or ffmpeg doing a software coding into .h264 format.

I absolutely love that interior with the astrometrics lab. Beautiful stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Damn that mission was fantastic!

The Story was excellent. Really good to play.

The Environments (player created) were superb with particular attention to detail in places, like engineering staff in the shuttlebay even though you'd have to have jumped right up to the window to even see the shuttlebay continues further etc. I especially liked the nice touch of the dead crewmembers floating just outside the emergency forcefields.

I got owned by the Battleship and its Torpedo spam ^^.

BO text and dialog is really well done.

I'm just left wanting more, looking forward to it continuing. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2011, 12:06 AM
What rank does my toon have to be to play this?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2011, 08:21 AM
At least high enough level to be in the romulan theater I believe so LTC? If I am incorrect someone will correct me