Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
I like the idea in principle, but how do you propose it from becoming "pre-made" on 1 on 1 on 1? Just because the teaming function doesn't work, doesn't mean pre-mades won't group up and grief all the singular ships. And without teaming, their numbers can swell beyond the normal 5 man teams.
Typically this is exactly what happens. The instance quickly becomes an ordinary King of the Hill situation, with one uber team ruling the place. Everyone else who spawns in gets plastered one at a time by the uber team, and after a couple or ten deaths in a row will give up and leave. So you wind up with the uber team flying around all alone, then leaving when they get bored as well. With unlimited numbers of people in the instance, it will tend to be even more one-sided, since the ruling team could be 10 or 20 or more people in the same fleet or PUGmade team. The only time you have an actual battle is when a strong opposing uber team shows up. But if two evenly matched rival teams are going to go head to head for hours on end, they would more likely just stage a private challenge anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Turn off any assist in the one area. Yeah I know doing this may totally Elf up other areas just for trying.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSnts888
I would like to see a PVP free for all room similar to the enemy signal contact rooms where anyone can enter into it and fight non stop, and where accolades are handed out for 25, 50, 75, and 100 kills and so on. This is only an Idea. What if this room is set up for combat like the enemy signal contact rooms, but instead of enemy signal contact ai ships, we have the ships of those who enter the rooms. Make this PVP room a pure pvp map with nebulas, free space, asteriod belts, whatever the atari people can do to make it fun and interesting without lag.
Please share your feedback on these ideas in support of what I'm saying if you support these ideas.
I like this Idea but lets go farther, like also make it where you have to beam down to a planet and fight on the planet as well!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakuzma View Post
I like this Idea but lets go farther, like also make it where you have to beam down to a planet and fight on the planet as well!!!!
Hehe if so lets split up Shai, you beam down and I will remain and fight in space