Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I have been testing STO on a joojoo tablet pc , PAD fans check it out please here

direct links to the youtube videos

Star Trek Online on joojoo controlled by touch

star trek online on joojoo space combat touch controlled

star trek online on joojoo space combat target camera

star trek online on joojoo space combat on screen keyboard

today STO on tablets tomorrow on surface! NB to play you need to use an external keyboard as back up , or if you prefer a 360 joypad , but if Cryptic could optomise the interface for touch , you could play the whole game with one finger as you can with Battlestar Galactica online...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Awesome!!

I've been thinking of getting a multitouch monitor for this. Looks even cooler than I thought it would.

Nice work!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I'd love to play STO on my iPad Or at least have an LCARS-esque interface that can be used in conjuction with a keyboard/mouse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2011, 03:01 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakken
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Wait, what is this/how does it work?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Wait, what is this/how does it work?
While I found it a bit cumbersome, it basically maps your powerbars, attack button(s), throttle and maybe a couple of other keymaps to an lcars interface on your ipad (or iphone...but if you have big hands, good luck)...complete with trekkie sounds.

It's cool. But the novelty wore off for me pretty quick. I bought the full featured app, but you can try the free one. You need to install the small server software on your PC, launch the app on your i-device and play.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
There is a video on the site showing it in action and how it works
Lt. Commander
# 8 where do you get a joo joo?
03-20-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/19305...is_doomed.html

Is there any other tablet pc that works with the game?
Lt. Commander
A follow up to my opening post , first thanks for all the comments

I have been continuing my quest to use touch and tablets to play Trek games : all the LCARS comments made feel all nostalgic:

For those who are LCARS fans :check out the most beautiful use of LCARS ( like) interfacing in possibly the finest Star Trek game ever written : working of course with touch screen controls :here

links to pictures

here

and here

and here

sorry the pictures are too large to upload here and the beauty of the interface needs to be seen in as high res as possible.

direct link to the youtube video : Star Trek Birth of the Federation played with touch LCARS style

i am also going through all my Trek games to see which ones work with touch . Star Fleet Command works well , more to follow!

For those looking for a tablet to play Star Trek Online , the unique features of the joojoo , using a desktop Ion gpu , allowing you to add faster ssds , and 4gb of ram mean this machine which last year could not run a flash video is now a pretty awesome games machine .

Playing older less gpu intensive Star Trek games should be fine , there are many Windows 7 tablets on the horizon to chose from , and soon your problem may be slowing them down to play the games!

Thanks to the guys who mentioned LCARS , Birth of the Federation is one of the greatest games ever written , and replaying it on a tablet was a dream of mine ..

If you have room in your life for both a Windows and iOS /Android tablet you are going to increase your gaming possibilities , herecy I know Windows on a tablet ? what is it good for ? Well Steam , Onlive , Batttlestar Galactica online ,Gaikai , all your pc classics , and of course any full MMO like our beloved Star Trek Online.. When and if there's an App for that my iPad 2 will be ready... but right now it sits in the corner whilst I find more and more uses for my year old Windows 7 tablet... which a year ago all the tech blogs shunned
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi joojoos are rare , you can get one here , you will also need Windows 7 32 bit , when the joojoo launched it was just a cloud based device with a small ssd , the one listed has a 64gb ssd, 4gb of ram , and from the listing you can see what you can actually do with one . Interesting how all the tech blogs missed out on these capabilities ...
Closed Thread