Lt. Commander
# 1 2409 C-Store Bundle
03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Ok, I have to say I love TOS (I grew up watching it in the early 1970's). And I appreciate the fact the devs made it so we can relive that environment inside our ships and out with the new TOS bundle pack on the C-Store.

What I'd really like to see is a 2409 C-Store Bundle of NEW material: New Uniforms, New Bridges, New Shuttles, New Weapons that Scale Up with Character Progression!

How about you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
That could be interesting. Granted any new uniforms they make for the 25th Century aren't almost entirely leather, I'd love to see some new designs.

A 29th Century uniform pack would be nice too. Would be even nicer if they added the 29th Century time ships, Aeon and Relativity too.

Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, the thing is....
All the standard uniforms we get are pretty much the 2409 stuff yer talking about! lol
And all the regular equipment we get is also 2409-specific gear.
Though it would be neat if it was all expanded upon. It seems the era that a vocal amount of people are least interested in is the era that the game actually takes place in!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Isnt the whole Jupiter Set Up going to be in game?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That could be interesting. Granted any new uniforms they make for the 25th Century aren't almost entirely leather, I'd love to see some new designs.

^ This.

For the most part, I just don't feel the 25th Century stuff that Cryptic has made. Too Leathery. Makes me think of anything but Star Trek.

One of the most common themes in Trek Uniforms (if you discount the TWOK Maroon Uniform) is that they had a look of common uniforms. Something you'd wear every day and feel comfortable in, like Army fatigues.

The 25th Century stuff tends to look more like a Dress Uniform, and for the most part, not at all comfortable.

This is why I was stoked to see the AGT uniforms get put into the game. It makes for a semi-canon uniform for myself and my officers, and it actually looks like it would be reasonably comfortable and something you'd wear daily.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
Well, the thing is....
All the standard uniforms we get are pretty much the 2409 stuff yer talking about! lol
Though it would be neat if it was all expanded upon. It seems the era that a vocal amount of people are least interested in is the era that the game actually takes place in!
Well, the era the game actually takes place in is the same era the All Good Things uniforms are from and players love those. IMO, those should be the Federation Standard Uniform for this era. Alas, we are stuck with a bunch of leather and wool looking stuff instead. Not that I'm complaining, but a departure from the animal skin uniforms would be nice. After all this is the future. We really shouldn't be wearing animal skins of any kind, even if they are synthetic.

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 04:52 PM
THIS is what I'm talking about! More stuff from the proper timeline! Stop the past-crap. People paid for this game KNOWING it was set in the future, so let's stop pandering to them and make them grow up! Give them what they paid for, not what they keep crying about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Ok, I have to say I love TOS (I grew up watching it in the early 1970's). And I appreciate the fact the devs made it so we can relive that environment inside our ships and out with the new TOS bundle pack on the C-Store.

What I'd really like to see is a 2409 C-Store Bundle of NEW material: New Uniforms, New Bridges, New Shuttles, New Weapons that Scale Up with Character Progression!

How about you?
Every new C-store bridge until the TOS one and the first new C-store ships (skins, before they decided to start charging 5x as much for skins with new stats slapped under them) have all been 2409-native. I think it's time that 2409 got some more basic game (not 'free', because the game itself and continuing access to it are by definition not) love and QoL upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

A 29th Century uniform pack would be nice too. Would be even nicer if they added the 29th Century time ships, Aeon and Relativity too.

Yep I agree Blackavaar. What might be interesting is a set of uniforms that would be the precursors of these 29th c. ones.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
Well, the thing is....
I had a long running debate with some friends before STO launched, regarding this exact topic.

My personal opinion was that a game set after the "known" eras of Star Trek, wouldn't stand on it's own. The reason being is there is so much love for the ships, characters and uniforms of the various Treks we all grew up with and enjoyed.

I also theorized that if the game were set in the TOS era, it would have been wildly popular, and boomed from day one. And if it had been set in the environs of the 2009 reboot, then the game would have capitalized on the hype and hoopla of the new movie.

Personally, had the game been 100% TOS, from day one, I'd have bought a LTS pre-launch and never ever played another MMO. But that's just me.