Lt. Commander
Currently, Cryptic doesn't have the license to Star Trek: TAS.

But I woulddrop another $18.75 on a pack that had, say, TAS bridge/interior redress, scaling personal shields with TAS glow, TAS cat people (not Kzinti because those are Niven's but just TAS cat people with webbed ears, which was used on many non-Kzinti races - KDF and Fed), TAS avians (KDF and fed), TAS Edosian, TAS Orion costumes, TAS Klingon costumes, a Tribble-eating Glommer, and a Kukulkan holo-emitter.

A ton of that would be doable with existing art assets.

Obviously, it wouldn't be the next set. We're due for 24th/25th century love.

But I think it's REALLY, REALLY worth adding down the road.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Didnt realize it was a separate license. Who owns it?

The value of using the idea of environmental belt instead of a spacesuit would allow us space-side missions without the complications of a spacesuit.

That alone would make it worthwhile, but there are awesome episodes, artwork, aliens that could be gleaned from TAS.

I hope they actually peruse this and at least find out what it would take to make it happen (then let us know).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack
The value of using the idea of environmental belt instead of a spacesuit would allow us space-side missions without the complications of a spacesuit.
Fans of "First Contact" will be disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I vote no, cuz thats what I do

But seriously, no. That belt is more magic than tech. No bueno.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
This is a GOOD IDEA!!!!

TAS has a lot of good stuff and Aliens in it.

We have more than enough 25th century stuff IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2011, 03:54 PM
It would make all the furries happy since then Cryptic would have no choice but to give Caitian females thick long hair. I still find it amusing that almost everyone who wanted Caitians were annoyed at the lack of this feature when Caitians were finally introduced. It boiled their argument down to "Caitians aren't sexy enough!".
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Actually I think they don't look TAS enough without the hair, but then again, I'm not a furry.

The whole point of Star Trek races are humans in rubber suits allowing people to look at different aspects of the human race through them.

They just look funny without the hair.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
The whole point of Star Trek races are humans in rubber suits allowing people to look at different aspects of the human race through them.

They just look funny without the hair.
Funny you should say that. Right now Caitians just look like anthropomorphic felines which is a good thing. With long hair, they'd look like people with fur, made specifically to look attractive. I think it'd make them change from looking interesting to looking like a sexual object.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Funny you should say that. Right now Caitians just look like anthropomorphic felines which is a good thing. With long hair, they'd look like people with fur, made specifically to look attractive. I think it'd make them change from looking interesting to looking like a sexual object.
This is true, but why should they be treated any different from the majority of the humanoid females in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2011, 05:03 PM
You'd have to be careful not to carry both a Tribble and a Glommer. Maybe also carry some food and see whether you can breed more Tribbles than get eaten.:p