Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbit
A ship is like gear. A boff is like Guild wars Hero. There is more personal gear on a GW character than a STO one, and there are somehwere in the region of 1000 powers per character in GW. Each GW character has (I think) 14 Heroes, all of which have equal gear to a player character and their own power set.

Now are you really sure that storage cost is the reason for limited ship slots?
yes

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbit
A ship is like gear. A boff is like Guild wars Hero. There is more personal gear on a GW character than a STO one, and there are somehwere in the region of 1000 powers per character in GW. Each GW character has (I think) 14 Heroes, all of which have equal gear to a player character and their own power set.

Now are you really sure that storage cost is the reason for limited ship slots?
What Babbit said.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Based on your comments I'm going to guess you haven't leveled up completely yet. You get a ship slot with every rank so you can accommodate the new ship you get. The ship slots you bought will be above and beyond the ones you get for your higher end ships.

In short, you don't need to buy more slots. When you level you'll get another.
That or chuck your old ships - not like we get to use them later since they do not level with you.

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Except the hero pool is the same for every player in Guild Wars - those 14 (or so, I forget too) has 1 standard appearance and 2 or 3 alternate ones, for something like 50-60 total for the entire player base. Sure it has to keep track of their equipment, but equipment appearance isn't customizable so much. Aside from the Reman and Breen Bofs each bridge officer is potentially drastically different from every other one with who knows how many thousands of possible uniform combinations.

Also, a ship is much more than a bit of gear, it is literally your avatar while in space - more than half the time for many players. There aren't as many customization options for the ships as there are for bofs and captains, but there are still more (for many of them anyway) than there were for my Guild Wars characters, with better graphics to boot.

I don't honestly know how much server space is required for each ship, each bof, but I have to imagine that the graphical representation is a bigger chunk of that than the stats lists.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
That or chuck your old ships - not like we get to use them later since they do not level with you.

Blak

Shame that they don't i love taking my old centar out for a spin . i wouldn't expect to get more Bridge officer powers just a bit more hull hit points
Lt. Commander
# 16 shuttles?
03-27-2011, 07:35 AM
If you take into accout shuttles, each one taking up a ship slot, thats alot. At VA I have 5 shuttles and as many T5 Starships. I am forced to buy more slots or decommision an older ship even though i am attached to it. Perhaps when we get our shuttlebays we may get these shipyard slots back.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokesmith View Post
Except the hero pool is the same for every player in Guild Wars - those 14 (or so, I forget too) has 1 standard appearance and 2 or 3 alternate ones, for something like 50-60 total for the entire player base. Sure it has to keep track of their equipment, but equipment appearance isn't customizable so much. Aside from the Reman and Breen Bofs each bridge officer is potentially drastically different from every other one with who knows how many thousands of possible uniform combinations.

Also, a ship is much more than a bit of gear, it is literally your avatar while in space - more than half the time for many players. There aren't as many customization options for the ships as there are for bofs and captains, but there are still more (for many of them anyway) than there were for my Guild Wars characters, with better graphics to boot.

I don't honestly know how much server space is required for each ship, each bof, but I have to imagine that the graphical representation is a bigger chunk of that than the stats lists.
That's all semantics and arguing of finer points. I concede and agree with you that there are differences in stored data between both games, and what one has in advantage, the other makes up somewhere else, for example, STO has more face options and costume options, Guild wars has augmentaion of gear through glyphs, and dyes to alter gear in many different ways.
Regardless of all that, Guild wars charges me nothing to store any of my 8 (I think) characters, while STO certainly does, with charges on top of charges on anything over 3 characters.
Granted, I think I only had 4 slots originally in GW, and the others have come though expansions, but still, if all I ever got from those packs was slots, STO far outweighs the cost where those options are concerned.

Buy a ship or uniform from the store, it should come with a slot, account wide. That's not hard to see I think.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-27-2011, 10:45 AM
The last six months have seen twelve ships added to the C-Store across both factions. (Full analysis in the usual thread.)

Everyone's running out of space.

At current count, about 73% of players want a fair deal, and would willingly pay for account-wide ship slots to make room for these additional purchases across all their characters.

Add to the discussion and let your opinion be heard.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
The last six months have seen twelve ships added to the C-Store across both factions. (Full analysis in the usual thread.)

Everyone's running out of space.

At current count, about 73% of players want a fair deal, and would willingly pay for account-wide ship slots to make room for these additional purchases across all their characters.

Add to the discussion and let your opinion be heard.
While I'd appreciate account-wide ship unlocks, at what point are players turning into Pokemon collectors? :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
While I'd appreciate account-wide ship unlocks, at what point are players turning into Pokemon collectors? :p
Since 1966.