Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Greetings community, greetings Cryptics,

i try to keep it short and simple adored Cryptics -- every item ppl buy from the c-store should have very rare ( the absolute minimum should be rare ) quality. I want to create a retro-crew with the whole TOS equipment. The retro beam arrays from the c-store TOS Constitution with their rare quality are marginal but the "Black-and-white TOS-style Type 2 Phasers" are unacceptable as "common" ( white ) items. It was the same with the c-store weapon pack, just uncommon items is too bad.

So pls Cryptics .. rework these items to a better quality.

Best regards,
Maledicus.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 01:21 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Personally, so long as an equal weapon in power is easily available for free I don't care. All that's changing here is the skin and method of obtaining it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
This is done deliberately so people cannot complain about "people who spend money get the best gear". Trust me when I say it is much better this way. You have NO IDEA the kind of whining that would ensue. It would make the current connie nightmare look like a tribble in comparison.
I do understand this .. really .. but very rare items are easy to obtain in STO at any level. You can get purple weapons via R&D in low level as you can get them in high-level. You can get them via marks and emblems. Very rare items are nothing special in STO .. you don't need a group, a raid, everyone can obtain them by playing solo.

If i'm willing to pay extra cash i don't await getting a common ( white ) item. I don't want them to be better than any other rare or very rare weapon. But common without any extra stats on them .. no sorry this is just bad.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
so long as an equal weapon in power is easily available for free I don't care.
All items are easily available in STO, only the Borg-Set and few Kits that drop from Bosses in the STFs require a team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicus
Greetings community, greetings Cryptics,

i try to keep it short and simple adored Cryptics -- every item ppl buy from the c-store should have very rare ( the absolute minimum should be rare ) quality. I want to create a retro-crew with the whole TOS equipment. The retro beam arrays from the c-store TOS Constitution with their rare quality are marginal but the "Black-and-white TOS-style Type 2 Phasers" are unacceptable as "common" ( white ) items. It was the same with the c-store weapon pack, just uncommon items is too bad.

So pls Cryptics .. rework these items to a better quality.

Best regards,
Maledicus.
I disagree on the rare, but I'd like to see uncommon - the melee weapons were so why not the phasers?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2011, 03:13 AM
...that is why we need better CRAFTING.

let me use that C-Store visual and let me put the stats of another similar type of weapon on it so i can make it a Rare weapon with all the shiny visuals i want, without any ballance issues.

You want to refit old Ships?
I want to refit my Gunz!

Or even better, let me take ANY visual and let me put the stats behind it that i like by upgrading it per Crafting or otherwise.
No reason to get rid of what we allready have.

But i agree, having awesome looking Replicas of Weapons with bad stats is a situation that can't be accepted, and we better speak out against it NOW before they get to the TNG Weapons that i realy want
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicus
I do understand this .. really .. but very rare items are easy to obtain in STO at any level. You can get purple weapons via R&D in low level as you can get them in high-level. You can get them via marks and emblems. Very rare items are nothing special in STO .. you don't need a group, a raid, everyone can obtain them by playing solo.

If i'm willing to pay extra cash i don't await getting a common ( white ) item. I don't want them to be better than any other rare or very rare weapon. But common without any extra stats on them .. no sorry this is just bad.
Yes, but people would argue that you can INSTANTLY get highest-tier items in the game by spending money rather than have to go earn it through ingame means. The argument of "better by cash" would still have a lot of weight.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2011, 06:51 AM
you know the funny thing is alot of poeple say that the weapons don't level up with you but thats cause alot of poeple buy these as va and don't bother trying them out as lower levels like LT and such but i can clearly vouch that the weapons you buy from the c-store that say they level up with you do just that the stats don't change each grade but each rank ie lt -lt commander and so forth

oh and as for the complaint for said weapon mentioned there is a easy sloution go finish the mission to get the blue one that i might add is not one per toon so you can keep doing the mission and deck your toons out either fed or kling
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
This is done deliberately so people cannot complain about "people who spend money get the best gear". Trust me when I say it is much better this way. You have NO IDEA the kind of whining that would ensue. It would make the current connie nightmare look like a tribble in comparison.
This wouldn't matter if Cryptic ignored their forums like Bioware does.

Makes it easier on the devs that way.

Let them release the game they want to release, play it or don't.