Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store not cool!
03-26-2011, 06:57 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 06:59 AM
If the C-Store did not exist, then odds are you would most likely NEVER see any of this stuff in STO at all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psirous View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
None of these items are "needed" in game, they are pure fluff. The money generated from the C-Store is used to fund new content. If you can't understand this then don't buy anything from the C-Store, no one is forcing you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 07:03 AM
not my problem and stop defending them, it might not bother you, and that is fine, but for us that feel spending the full price on a game, $50, and THEN a monthly subscription, ERRRRR WRONG

this is NOT cool, and not our problem, and the other guy is right, you will lose a signiificant amount of players because we'd rather spend that money on a game where we dont have to buy ships with US CURRENCY!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
price of subs hasn't increased in a decade but the cost of labor, electricity and such has skyrocketted.
You don't need the stuff in the c store. They are mostly junk. Emote pack? Really?
It is a way to supplement thier income to give us better stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
not my problem and stop defending them, it might not bother you, and that is fine, but for us that feel spending the full price on a game, $50, and THEN a monthly subscription, ERRRRR WRONG

this is NOT cool, and not our problem, and the other guy is right, you will lose a signiificant amount of players because we'd rather spend that money on a game where we dont have to buy ships with US CURRENCY!
You do realise that all but one T5 ships can be obtained without spending one cent right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
price of subs hasn't increased in a decade but the cost of labor, electricity and such has skyrocketted.
You don't need the stuff in the c store. They are mostly junk. Emote pack? Really?
It is a way to supplement thier income to give us better stuff.
Does that included finishing a game that was half-built when it was released?

B/c I haven't seen too much progress.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2011, 07:10 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
ya and alll these "Career officers" who spent like 300 bucks *laugh* for full time subscription, are either 1. loaded financially, or 2. defending the fact that they spent 300 bucks on a cryptic game, they obviously haven't played a cryptic game before rofl
If this game makes it to October, then I'm playing for free. It's called an investment. And no, I'm not loaded. I saved my money knowing the purchase was coming.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
ya and alll these "Career officers" who spent like 300 bucks *laugh* for full time subscription, are either 1. loaded financially, or 2. defending the fact that they spent 300 bucks on a cryptic game, they obviously haven't played a cryptic game before rofl
Actually I am not loaded financially, and do not support the c-store. And I have a lifetime account.