Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psirous View Post
ya and alll these "Career officers" who spent like 300 bucks *laugh* for full time subscription, are either 1. loaded financially, or 2. defending the fact that they spent 300 bucks on a cryptic game, they obviously haven't played a cryptic game before rofl
$300 for a life time sub....thats one 8 hour shift for a lot of people.

TOS bundle pack, 1400 Tokens, thats less than $20.....thats an hour at work.

Life time sub + TOS bundle pack = less than 20% of a week's pay

Go to college, get an education, get a job, enjoy STO!

Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
ya and alll these "Career officers" who spent like 300 bucks *laugh* for full time subscription, are either 1. loaded financially, or 2. defending the fact that they spent 300 bucks on a cryptic game, they obviously haven't played a cryptic game before rofl
i'm unemployed, have a lifetime sub to STO and CO and was a big fan of CoX as well. that kinda puts your comments in perspective i think..

you've stated your opinion, thats fine.. but dont attack others for stating their own because its counter to your own.

micro-transaction stores are the way the MMO game industry is going, much like a while ago when they started bringing out expansions to MMO's. back then people complained about having to pay again for a game they've already paid for and subbed to.

if you're not happy with a cash store in a subbed game, maybe you shouldnt play MMO's any more, as any that dont have one now i can bet are planning one as soon as they can.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
price of subs hasn't increased in a decade but the cost of labor, electricity and such has skyrocketted.
You don't need the stuff in the c store. They are mostly junk. Emote pack? Really?
It is a way to supplement thier income to give us better stuff.
That may not be entirely true. There is more competition for companies to buy the broadband now. The cost of equipment has went down you can do a lot more with less equipment than ten years ago. Micro chips almost double in performance every few years. Many more companies sell the equipment. The software now compared to ten years ago is much more efficient. Taking less people and less time to do more work.

They make more money but no one on these boards know how much goes back into the game or in the share holders pocket.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Paying extra money for ships that should be in this game, clothing, items, its all complete and 100% "BullSh*t"

STOP SCREWING US OVER STO, ITS NOT OUR FAULT YOU RAN OUT OF MONEY!!!
How has this not been moderated yet?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
It's only 7:26 in the morning on a Saturday in Los Gatos. Give them time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Why anyone with a brain knows its not true and just someone who wants attention
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm out of toilet paper, I need to have my butler call the bank for another roll of Benjamins.

It was a cost analysis thing, I added up what I spent on 10 years of EQ and later on the package deal for sony for SWG EQ2 and all the sony games for 2 accounts and said hey $240 bucks is a great deal.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
None of the above. I am a huge Star Trek, I purchased a regular sub and once I realized I would be playing this game for a very long time I purchased the lifetime. Like other thoughtful people on this thread, I realized the advantage of such an investment.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
STOP SCREWING US OVER STO...

No matter what else is true, do you seriously expect a post like that will get any good result?

Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
If the C-Store did not exist, then odds are you would most likely NEVER see any of this stuff in STO at all.
this is not the case, it has been said by stahl, that the cstore in most cases just makes something come faster, that most things in c store were probably going to make it in game, but that being able to post them on the c store bumped them up a year or more on the priority list....

im not going to get into weather or not the c store sucks or not, and anyone who has seen my posts knows where i stand...

just figured i would correct this innacurate statement i have been seeing as of late....