Lt. Commander
# 21
03-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
price of subs hasn't increased in a decade but the cost of labor, electricity and such has skyrocketted.
You don't need the stuff in the c store. They are mostly junk. Emote pack? Really?
It is a way to supplement thier income to give us better stuff.
i dont buy into this,, they have the smallest dev team out there, and rift just went live ( a fully completed game at launch) and has half the problems sto did on release... (im not sure of their dev team size), but they operate on a monthly subscription bases with no sign of micro transactions in the forseable future...

tell me, how does one gaming company make a game that has so much direct competition and survive off the subscripts, but star trek with its own unique fallower base, and no real competition can not survive with half the dev team....

the answer is simply greed.... one thing that is killing star trek online is that cbs, cryptic, and atari all want money from it... there are too many hands in the cookie jar, so we the "consumer" get screwed on a game that is far inferior to most other games otu there already....

i have not logged into the game in weeks, and dont really plan too as there is nothing to do.... one would think they wouldput all their resources into this dilema, rather than making a useless tos bundle pack lol....
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Sounds like someone wants the new tos bundle , but doesn't want it in the c store. but fails to realize that if it wasn't in the c store it wouldn't even exist .
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
If the C-Store did not exist, then odds are you would most likely NEVER see any of this stuff in STO at all.
How do you come to this conclusion?

Thats like saying if you dont buy the 6 items in Blizzards micro transaction store, you will never see another expansion.

There is always the chance that if the Devs saw the STO community was not supporting a micro-transaction model, they would realize they need to change their model to a more traditional, expansion based architecture.

Of course they want C-store, they know that people today 1) dont want to wait for anything, and 2) people forget or just don't admit, they pay more for a micro model then an expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Sounds like someone wants the new tos bundle , but doesn't want it in the c store. but fails to realize that if it wasn't in the c store it wouldn't even exist .
lol, your just ment to let them vent, and enjoy climbing your own jefreys tubes
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
ummm wrong on so many levels lol...

i feel that they should stop bringning things from a different time line into the game.. (its not very fung shui) and i feel it is a waste of development hours... it would be one thing if the dev team had released and maintained the perfect game, and were sitting around with nothing to do, however, this game lacksa few things...

1. we are supposed to be at war, and so far, since i hit commander, i do not feel i am in a klingon war anymore...
2. we are 30 into the future from the movie nemesis, the last i checked, tos was 200 years in the past from nemesis ( im not saying that tos stuff doesnt have a nestalgic place, but its not the time to be making fluff when a game does not have anouph content to keep people subbed).
3. there is no endgame whatsoever... im not even going to get into this here as i have in other threads...
4. the dev team seems to be releasing far more c store stuff than ingame material... (i,e. we still dont have the foundry (which was supposed to be the meat and potatos of season 3..Laughable... the hiv is still not released, but dont worry, you can get open jacket uniforms... were not going to see another featured episode until well after season 4 but make way for the mighty oberth class... everyone is joking about the big content drought, but thank god we have a tos bundle pack..... i can go on forever.. lol... however im needed outside, so i will continue possibly later...

i might pick it up, i might not, i am undecided, however, im not mad its on the c store, i believe that this kind of thing belongs on the c store... however, my beef is that it is inappropriate at this time to be making c store items.... mainly because the real life game is suffering due to a lack of content.. that is all..
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
2) people forget or just don't admit, they pay more for a micro model then an expansion.
theoreticaly we've had 3 free expansions already, and the next one will be free to. so yeh all c-store stuff costs more than expansions.

the drednought is delebratly overpriced as it's ment to be a rectuter reward, ok so the nausican one takes the buiscuit a little, but just do what i did, dont buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
theoreticaly we've had 3 free expansions already, and the next one will be free to. so yeh all c-store stuff costs more than expansions.

the drednought is delebratly overpriced as it's ment to be a rectuter reward, ok so the nausican one takes the buiscuit a little, but just do what i did, dont buy it.
If you consider what weve gotten as expansions,

Then what new zones have we gotten?

What new races have we gotten with their own story arcs?

What new classes have we gotten?

What new skill sets?

Do i really need to point out the difference of what we have gotten compared to a expansion?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
If you consider what weve gotten as expansions,

Then what new zones have we gotten?

What new races have we gotten with their own story arcs?

What new classes have we gotten?

What new skill sets?

Do i really need to point out the difference of what we have gotten compared to a expansion?
We got Orelllius, Pelia, some broken missions, the FE's and um.......

Fixing stuff that should have been fixed at launch?

Oh and tons of C-Store stuff
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
We got Orelllius, some broken missions, the FE's and um.......

Fixing stuff that should have been fixed at launch?

Oh and tons of C-Store stuff
lol, what he said
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-26-2011, 09:11 AM
This may be off topic but I'm kinda lol ing at the way in one debate
Me and player 1 are are on totally different sides debating up a storm
then in a different debate
Me and player 1 are united debating with player 2
then in a different debate
Me and player 1 and player 2 are against player 2 debating

"Where the ides of fortune takes us, no man knows!"

I'm not against the C-Store, in fact I like it when its properly priced.