Lt. Commander
# 1 Minor gripes about TOS pack
03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like the new interior/bridge. You guys did an amazing job, and that seems to be the consensus everywhere. However, there are a few minor issues I'd like to point out.

1- NPC's can open all the doors-- of course, they should be able to go into most areas, however when they walk by the Captain's Quarters, and the door opens, I think "what." That should not be.

2-The Briefing Room-- I've wanted a Briefing Room for a long time, and am willing to sacrifice the old Ready Room for it. One issue: the chairs. I like to roleplay. The Briefing Room gives a unique sense of, "I'm in a meeting!" But one of the chairs is backwards. That's the case in a couple areas.

3-Can only leave from the bridge-- I do not think we should be able to leave from any point on the ship like the "normal" interior allows for. On the TOS interior, you can only leave from the bridge. What's the Transporter Room for?

Again, very minor gripes, I love what you guys did, I really do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 11:12 AM
You know, I've always advocated that you have to enter and leave the ship using the Transporter Room.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 11:27 AM
the only thing i noticed is that the indicator lights beneath the viewscreen are off
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
You know, I've always advocated that you have to enter and leave the ship using the Transporter Room.
You aren't the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
This would be great. Followed by having all the maps on one map to avoid any loading screens.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
For information, on the bridge, the 1 chair on the right near the screen doesnt' work ^^
There is a little pbs with the doors too (open/close).
Jeffrey tubes, it's a very good bonus !
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2011, 11:54 AM
The ceiling lights on the bridges and beneath the consoles are wrong too, they are supposed to be colored lights:

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...dge_(2267).jpg
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
The ceiling lights on the bridges and beneath the consoles are wrong too, they are supposed to be colored lights:

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...dge_(2267).jpg
Nice catch!

As much as I've watched TOS, I totally missed that!

Although, another thing would be the pop-up hood at the navigator's station. They modeled in the close down flaps, but the hood really should be there as most times, we saw it up.

Also, the Transporter Room is missing a circuit board behind the operator's station (Seen clearly in "Dagger of the Mind")
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGriffiths
1- NPC's can open all the doors-- of course, they should be able to go into most areas, however when they walk by the Captain's Quarters, and the door opens, I think "what." That should not be.

2-The Briefing Room-- I've wanted a Briefing Room for a long time, and am willing to sacrifice the old Ready Room for it. One issue: the chairs. I like to roleplay. The Briefing Room gives a unique sense of, "I'm in a meeting!" But one of the chairs is backwards. That's the case in a couple areas.

3-Can only leave from the bridge-- I do not think we should be able to leave from any point on the ship like the "normal" interior allows for. On the TOS interior, you can only leave from the bridge. What's the Transporter Room for?
Couldn't agree more. To add to the minor gripes list: being able to see the shutters floating in space above the windows when you look up.

Quote:
This would be great for visitors. I think the captain of the ship should be able to leave interior anywhere they want without a beam out effect, but this idea would be really great for other players who stop in.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm curious as to how difficult it would be to implement a chair swivel action. Using the arrow keys, and you can only get up using the space bar, or something like that.. thoughts?