Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
At the close of the mission "Mine Enemy" the player is required to go to his or her Ready Room or Conference Room in order to access and decode the files picked up from the mine prior to beaming up. On most typical bridge floorplans, there is an associated Ready Room. This locatioin has a consol for "Mission Replay" and for this particular mission, an additional wall display is interactive, to allow the player to decode the gathered information.

The TOS Bridge does not have an associated Ready Room, of course. I went down to the crew deck and entered the Conference Room. Within is the Science Officer Consol, which serves in game as the "Mission Replay" interface. There is a wall pannel for the blast shutters, and one for the 2 trophy racks.

There is nothing for decoding the Tal Shiar files.

I went to the crew lounge, and tried the terminal in the Captain's Quarters - just in case. Still no luck.

I have explored every available surface of the TOS Bridge/Interior and cannot locate the terminal that will alow me to decode the Tal Shiar files.

With the current configuration and coding, the TOS bridge and Interior is unuseable for completing "Mine Enemy." As it stands, I am going to have to spend an additional 2,000 Energy Credits, JUST to change the bridge to something else, decode the files, and switch it back.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
or a cheaper method is use a starship that has a different interior than the Connie.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Hmm, I hadn't noticed that!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 01:47 PM
This should be in bug reports, as I don't think the Devs intended for this.

Moderator? Oh, Moderator? Can we get a hand here?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I put it in the feedback because it's an issue with a "C-store and Promotions" item. But it could go with bugs. Either way, I've been told through a ticket that I submitted that everything is working properly. I'm about to go into the game and see if it's true or if I've politely been told to go fob off and use a workaround.

I've got an XP boost running at the moment, I'm not exactly interested in having to waste TIME as well .....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2011, 07:40 PM
OK .... I received a message from the ticket, from GM Halvedar that the game mechanic is working properly, but we can't tell you what to do or where to go to make it happen because of fair play and game experience and all of that.

Greetings Captain, We have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher. Thank you for playing! GM Halvedar

This is the same sort of drek that drove one of my friends to turn off his STO account on account .... NO REAL SUPPORT!!

I need to ask if the testers tried it on the TOS bridge or not, which is probably where the disconnect lies.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Their forum support is generally good, but I agree that their ticket support is atrocious.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I've noticed that GMs in just about every MMO are about a smart as a treestump. Always copy/paste crap responses that never actually help you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Honestly it seems like a simple enough thing to say, i mean the objective itself up to now has told you to decode in your readyroom telling us where to go for the TOS bridge isn't exactly cheating... and you know I hate to say this, but have you tried the Jeffries tube room... they might have you know... thought it funny... when its not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Just to add, I tried this again. the OP is right it does not work. The mission has been updated to say "Go to your ready room or conference room." So I should be in the conference room.

(and yeah, this should be in bug reports)