Lt. Commander
# 1 Token for your thoughts?
03-26-2011, 09:54 AM
I was thinking the other day, in game tokens?

I know this may get people all riled up and angry, but can we get a way to either

A) Earn tokens in game
or
B) stop having the blanket 20% off C-Store sales
or
C) be able to buy per token Atari Tokens

I mean seriously, 64 AT for an emote. Great now I got an extra 36 AT I can't use.

At least apply percentage based discounts based on price if no other way than the preset bundles of Tokens.

Or allow Tokens in game via grinding, crafting, or dailies.

You know like a couple of emblems = 1 token (or more)
or
Crafting with a lot of materials= 1 token (or more)
or
Daily mission = 1 token.

Personally, I want a way to not have endless amounts of useless points.

It's still a good way to earn money, most people will still spend like they used to, just now you have people that can use those wasted points and buy more
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Or how about this:

Stop charging monthly fees and I'll just buy everything in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacatchman View Post
Or how about this:

Stop charging monthly fees and I'll just buy everything in the C-Store.
F2P like Champions Online?

Eh, I'd be down with that if the game nosedives.

I'd really rather earn em in game but my main goal is so I don't have so much useless points.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
F2P like Champions Online?

Eh, I'd be down with that if the game nosedives.

I'd really rather earn em in game but my main goal is so I don't have so much useless points.
I think I've been sitting on 97 for like, 6 months. Because I don't want a Ferengi playable race or um, klingon carrier bridge pack? Those are like my only 80 point options, and then I'd have 17 left and be really weirded out. At least with 97 I can buy something in the 120/140 bracket if I ever purchase more points (which I refuse to do while they hold me ransom for my wallet).

Honestly, they deserve their money either way: either via micro transactions, or via monthly subs. They've already gotten the entrance fees (box sales). I really wish they'd pick one or the other and stop trying both. The shenanigans are getting tiresome, and I've not even been back for a month yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
I think I've been sitting on 97 for like, 6 months. Because I don't want a Ferengi playable race or um, klingon carrier bridge pack? Those are like my only 80 point options, and then I'd have 17 left and be really weirded out. At least with 97 I can buy something in the 120/140 bracket if I ever purchase more points (which I refuse to do while they hold me ransom for my wallet).

Honestly, they deserve their money either way: either via micro transactions, or via monthly subs. They've already gotten the entrance fees (box sales). I really wish they'd pick one or the other and stop trying both. The shenanigans are getting tiresome, and I've not even been back for a month yet.
I hear ya.

I'm not very happy the way they are both F2P and P2P.

But I'm willing to tolerate that, but I can not stand the way the way they sell those points, and then do sales so you are left with useless points.

At least via in game Tokens, it would be a very minimal amount people would be making, besides the hard core people but they would probably be buying it anyway or increasing your numbers so either way its a win-win for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't know why they do the token system. They should just put price tags on stuff in real money and you just buy it, done.

The virtual currency thing always seemed like an unusual middle man -- maybe to disguise how much you're really spending? People just figure it in their heads, anyway. Well, I do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
I don't know why they do the token system. They should just put price tags on stuff in real money and you just buy it, done.

The virtual currency thing always seemed like an unusual middle man -- maybe to disguise how much you're really spending? People just figure it in their heads, anyway. Well, I do.
That is the precise reason they do it. Its the entire idea behind credit cards as well.

240 points doesn't sound as bad as $3.00

I'm surprised nobody else cares at all about this
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
That is the precise reason they do it. Its the entire idea behind credit cards as well.

240 points doesn't sound as bad as $3.00

I'm surprised nobody else cares at all about this
Any search for me will show my stance on the subject.

I guess that's why the C-store irks me, not so much its about micro-transactions, as it is about them trying to double dip so to say.

Some people say, 'well nothing in the c-store effects in game play" and i think we can agree thats no longer the case, even though that is exactly what we were PROMISED by Cryptic.

Also, having items that rightly should have been in game at launch not be free, is off putting to many.

Adding a feature/ship (MVAM) to the c-store for cash also irks me to no end, considering it was in game already but did not function correctly so was never implemented.

Those and more im sure, is what people don't like about the double dip model that is STO
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
Some people say, 'well nothing in the c-store effects in game play" and i think we can agree thats no longer the case, even though that is exactly what we were PROMISED by Cryptic.
I still can't believe I'm the only one bothered by the fact that the only properly scaled ship interior with workable chairs etc. has to be purchased.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I still can't believe I'm the only one bothered by the fact that the only properly scaled ship interior with workable chairs etc. has to be purchased.
Yeah, ticks me off as well. You are not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
Any search for me will show my stance on the subject.

I guess that's why the C-store irks me, not so much its about micro-transactions, as it is about them trying to double dip so to say.

Also, having items that rightly should have been in game at launch not be free, is off putting to many.

Adding a feature/ship (MVAM) to the c-store for cash also irks me to no end, considering it was in game already but did not function correctly so was never implemented.

Those and more im sure, is what people don't like about the double dip model that is STO
I totally agree. I'm not a big fan of the way Cryptic does its business.

And its not like they do it sparingly, its all the time.