I have two objectives that require you to interact with invisible objects but also have 'false' interactable objects.
That is if the objects are interacted with they do nothing... the problem is that once that objective is complete I want to move on. Hiding all the false interactables.
I initially had them as 'This Component Completes' but I changed the state to 'component complete' and put in two objects... itself and the 'true' objective.
Interacting with the false option still disables it however all components are still active once the true answer is given. I've checked the 'triggers' section of the true answer and it correctly lists all objects it's meant to hide.
I have no idea what is wrong, it doesn't break the mission it's just awkward.
You can hide all true and false interactive objects by triggering them to hide when "Objective Complete". This will hide all true and false interactive objects once you interacted with the two required true objects.
However, it then becomes impossible to trigger each false interaction to hide upon component complete. Meaning, when a false interaction has been completed, it remains active until the two true interactions have been interacted with (objective complete).
In game, this means everything stays active until the correct objects have been interacted with. Once object complete, they all hide, including the false ones.
I was trying to create a puzzle (a very simple puzzle but a puzzle none the less)
Where you had to interact with the right console to progress in the story there was other false consoles which did nothing. To Do this the objects I used to interact with (Invisible objects as I was using set consoles) 'This component completes" just to get it to be interactable.
However, I realized it was odd that those consoles were still interactable... after that objective had been complete. So I changed to to 'Component Completes' and had the true answer as well as itself set to hide the object. The only problem is that it seems that it only allows itself to hide to object.
I've fixed in my mission now, as I created Map Dialogs (which I should of used in the first place but I forgot they existed) and used that to make the consoles interactive and only set the right answer to hide the object.
To Summarize: The problem was that I could not set an object to hide another object and allow that object to hide itself as well.