Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Frankly, I can't see the point of getting those new and yes, VERY cool items from the C-Store when you can't have a TOS T5 Class Starship....

So why bother with the new interior on a New State of the Art Starship? I'm presumming that the TOS things are for the Hardcore players out there and I'm sure that if you want an Authentic Crew from the TOS era, then you'll also need the TOS Starships at T5 to go along with it, otherwise only the ones just starting out with the game and having the TOS C-Store Ship would really be the only ones to get any Authenticity out of it.

Just my point of view.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysia_1 View Post
Frankly, I can't see the point of getting those new and yes, VERY cool items from the C-Store when you can't have a TOS T5 Class Starship....

So why bother with the new interior on a New State of the Art Starship? I'm presumming that the TOS things are for the Hardcore players out there and I'm sure that if you want an Authentic Crew from the TOS era, then you'll also need the TOS Starships at T5 to go along with it, otherwise only the ones just starting out with the game and having the TOS C-Store Ship would really be the only ones to get any Authenticity out of it.

Just my point of view.
I agree-I'm all about a t5 connie
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysia_1 View Post

Just my point of view.
Why bother worrying about it? Either use it or don't. It's fun, it doesn't always need to make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2011, 05:57 AM
WHY do people keep making these ridiculous threads. A tier 5 constitution would be game breaking. End of.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2011, 05:57 AM
i have one of my ships using it and i dont really want a tier 5 connie. some might be happy to use it on new characters on their tier 1 connie. some might night care if the interior matches the ship itself.

capnbludd is correct, not everything has to make perfect sense to enjoy something.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2011, 05:58 AM
the point is clever marketing to fleece nerds out of their hard earned by satisfying a niche market.

not that i'm calling anyone a nerd mind you. :p

i'm also going to add that i hope this isn't the start of a trend by cryptic to charge now for ship interiors, but time will tell if thats the case.

you could sit here all day and argue the pros vs cons of the existance of the c-store, sure we all want things for nothing, but at the end of the day business decisions are made that keeps the doors open at both cryptic and atari, ie someones gotta pay the bills.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Why bother worrying about it? Either use it or don't. It's fun, it doesn't always need to make sense.
I totally understand what you are saying... But my thought is, what if you are wanting to create an Authentic Crew from the TOS era at T5... You can't... So why bother buying it... I'll admidt, the work looks GREAT and the Costumes look really good, but why use it if you're a Dir hard Trek Fan when you can't reate an Authentic TOS Crew, ship included.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2011, 06:01 AM
If an NX value pack was released, the last thing i would do is insist a Tier 5 NX class gets released. Why? Because even though it's available in the game, in the current era, the ship is not recommended for major use.

This is why i only do exploration with it.

This is'nt a TOS game. You are lucky to get what you have.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Seriously... I totally understand about "Whats the point... Does not have to make sense" I get that... But still... For people who would really want to enjoy the game at any level who are Nerds, Trek Fans or what ever and who wants to create a True Authentic Crew, ship included and wants to buy and use the new TOS Items but are stopped from truely creating a TOS Crew cause not all the elements are there.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new bundle and it all looks Cool and good, but......... lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Yep the sooner we start getting 25th century (new stuff) gear, the better. It's 2409 ppl!

I looked at the new TOS pack...and I tried to make myself buy it, but I just could not do it. It doesn't make sense to me to have this in any other situation but a past time travel episode. Which is one thing the Foundry can be used for. But then, I don't need to buy it, do I?