Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-27-2011, 10:36 AM
There is nothing game breaking about a t5 connie. That is a ridiculous statement. All the signature ships from the series should have t5 variants since those are the ships most people are relating to and have the warm fuzzies for. Frankly a lot of the 25th century stuff is pretty nasty looking.

The bulk of people playing are fans of the various series so it only makes sense to offer stuff from each series. Its too bad that the ST universe spans several centuries and this does make it a bit odd to see "ancient" ships flying around but that is the way it is. We have ships of all shapes sizes and eras flying around and every person is wearing a different starfleet uniform. Welcome to STO.

If nothing else at least be happy they have a properly scaled interior which will most likely pave the way for better interiors in the future. I never did buy the whole camera excuse for making everything 3 times larger than it needed to be.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i have one of my ships using it and i dont really want a tier 5 connie. some might be happy to use it on new characters on their tier 1 connie. some might night care if the interior matches the ship itself.

capnbludd is correct, not everything has to make perfect sense to enjoy something.
It's simple economics. You can currently enjoy your anachronism just fine.

Other customers want a new product to enjoy their version of the anachronism.

It behooves them to make that available as it makes more sales and profit for them.

That way you can play with your completely mismatched out of time and out of place interior on your current starship body. And someone else can play with their completely mismatched and out of place higher tier old ship, with its matching interior.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Why does everyone want a T5 connie??

Its not needed.
"Need's" got nothing to do with it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysia_1 View Post
Frankly, I can't see the point of getting those new and yes, VERY cool items from the C-Store when you can't have a TOS T5 Class Starship....

So why bother with the new interior on a New State of the Art Starship? I'm presumming that the TOS things are for the Hardcore players out there and I'm sure that if you want an Authentic Crew from the TOS era, then you'll also need the TOS Starships at T5 to go along with it, otherwise only the ones just starting out with the game and having the TOS C-Store Ship would really be the only ones to get any Authenticity out of it.

Just my point of view.
You can use these items while you level. Not everyone is at T5.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
You can use these items while you level. Not everyone is at T5.
True. But the only starship this set of interiors goes with is a T1 ship. You out level that too fast.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
True. But the only starship this set of interiors goes with is a T1 ship. You out level that too fast.
Instead of dealing with broken difficulty settings on Elite, you could fly a T1 at endgame.

It won't work for PvP/STFs but it will make the normal missions more challenging.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Yep the sooner we start getting 25th century (new stuff) gear, the better. It's 2409 ppl!
QFT. I want new ships, new interiors, new costumes, and new items. While I love the fact that some of the older ships that we know and love from the shows are in-game, imo there needs to be a whole slew of newer, sleeker, more powerful 25th century ships.

There is a reason why each new subsequent series (save Enterprise) released a newer, better, more awesome-sawce ship. And since STO takes place after all of that, we need our more awesome-sawce ships.

Just my two EC's.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Why does everyone want a T5 connie??

Its not needed.
Not everyone. I personally don't. If "T5 connie" would mean that any ship can be a T5, that would be another matter entirely. I might be interested in a T5 Miranda or Steamrunner so, from my point of view, it's "all or none".

Singling out the Constitution is not acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwize1701 View Post
QFT. I want new ships, new interiors, new costumes, and new items. While I love the fact that some of the older ships that we know and love from the shows are in-game, imo there needs to be a whole slew of newer, sleeker, more powerful 25th century ships.
I'm waiting for STO to find it's own voice and direction and create it's own memorable ships, weapons, etc. Very little of the game speaks of the setting: it's "look at this throwback" and not much else.

Where are more DSSVs or Deferi? Where are more unique items that show advancement, rather than nostalgia?

Right now, it's mostly fan service and, as a Trekkie, I'd like to see those strange new worlds and new life and civilization explored - rather then retread the same worn ships, people, and storylines.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I'm waiting for STO to find it's own voice and direction and create it's own memorable ships, weapons, etc. Very little of the game speaks of the setting: it's "look at this throwback" and not much else.

Where are more DSSVs or Deferi? Where are more unique items that show advancement, rather than nostalgia?

Right now, it's mostly fan service and, as a Trekkie, I'd like to see those strange new worlds and new life and civilization explored - rather then retread the same worn ships, people, and storylines.
This. You've described exactly what I'm feeling. Thanks for finding the words to articulate it for me!

When I first realized that STO was going to be in 2409, thirty years after Nemesis, the first thing I thought to myself is..."we're gonna see a bunch of new, uber awesome ships!"

For the most part, that didn't happen.

"Very little of the game speaks of the setting." This statement is 100% accurate. I like the concept of the Deferi, and how they're a new addition to the galactic powers of the Alpha quadrant. I did also enjoy the Devidian and the Romulan/Reman series very much, and I look forward to the Tholian series with great anticipation, but STO really needs to find its own niche both in terms of the storyline and ship/item content. The Aegis and Borg sets are merely a glimpse of what is possible.

I sincerely hope that all the T6 ships are brand-new, never-before-seen classes. I also sincerely hope that if and when the T5 Connie comes out (which I have a feeling it probably will, even though I would never fly it), no more "canon" ships from the past 30 - 200+ years in the past make their way into STO for a while. Cryptic has been granted the Star Trek IP for a reason: let's give their writers and ship creators a chance to flex their creative muscle...and urge them to do so!