Captain
I took archery in Boy Scouts in my youth, and even taught it in summer camp. After a summer on the range for half of each day, I was good. Not Olympic good, but to entertain the kids, I managed to duplicate all the real shots in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I even split an arrow from another archer in mid-flight (not lengthwise, instead it caught the shaft in the middle.)

So I've been entertained watching Arrow on the CW network. But my jaw hit the floor when I saw a new YouTube video of this guy shooting again, and again, and again. Now I want to find out if he gives lessons...
Captain
# 2
01-24-2015, 09:14 PM
I need to start sticking arrows in the cardboard box I have in my backyard again. I'll experiment with some of his tips.

GORNZILLA
Captain
# 3
01-24-2015, 10:57 PM
legolas is an utter noob.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
# 4
Yesterday, 12:01 PM
That dude has awesome skill. Something to remember when the zombie apocalypse comes.
Captain
# 5
Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
That dude has awesome skill. Something to remember when the zombie apocalypse comes.
The only problem with bows is that they are only good as long as you have arrows which is the exact same problem as guns in a zombie apocalypse. The problem with swords is that you have to get up close and personal to deal with the zombies. The best weapon for a zombie apocalypse might be a bladed whip similar to what Ivy in Soul Calibur uses.
Captain
# 6
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The only problem with bows is that they are only good as long as you have arrows which is the exact same problem as guns in a zombie apocalypse. The problem with swords is that you have to get up close and personal to deal with the zombies. The best weapon for a zombie apocalypse might be a bladed whip similar to what Ivy in Soul Calibur uses.
How about a big Yo-yo?

GORNZILLA
Rihannsu
# 7
Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Nah, those are too hard to retrieve.

Actually Bows seem like a bad choice against zombies. you need to decapitate or something to stop a zombie. Shooting them in the lung does nothing. For people or wildlife a lung shot will cause such severe bleeding that they'll at least be crippled, but not zombies.

A manriki seems like a nice option. But for open fighting a pole-arm might be best. no time wasted retrieving your weapon. And if used right you can decapitate whil staying out of arm's reach.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.