Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,855
# 2241
01-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Right without the nice Coastal winds from Africa to warm your modest temperate areas
so many inland recreational areas start shutting down in October
as family vacations [or Holidays] are blocked by school schedules..

then the weather happens.. and budgets prevent all season park building use or small county park facilities.. to think they are still able to play football[soccer] out of doors with no winter break in England.. in shorts well ok modern thermal underwear..

startign a school bus at 05-0530 am to get the diesel goign leavs a nice blue haze on a winterlands yard.

-----------------------------
music- Yes,Drama to start the day
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 2242
01-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post
There's been talks of altering the calendar here to reflect the changes in time. Everything so far has been speculation and will happen after I leave the current system for post secondary.

Granted, I can see the benefits of year-round school, but, for here at least, there are to many things that would compromise for both facility and students alike. A lot of family vacations are planned around the same time every summer, and I know a great deal of students who work full time during summer as well.

Though again, now that I think about it, a lot of the schools in use here don't have adequate cooling systems to handle how hot it gets here in the peak of the summer months, and the same goes for the bus system her. It's bad enough on the buses in May when it's 80F out and humid, let alone how bad it would be peak of summer of 95F+ out.
Posting at 3:05AM ET... You could have woken me up earlier.

That's probably a factor in why we don't have school here during the summer months either. It would cost the education system way too much to fun air conditioning for every school. In a lot of cases though, they do turn them on after it reaches a certain temperature outside regardless of the time of year and the humidity here is also usually a problem.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,855
# 2243
01-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Posting at 3:05AM ET... You could have woken me up earlier.

That's probably a factor in why we don't have school here during the summer months either. It would cost the education system way too much to fun air conditioning for every school. In a lot of cases though, they do turn them on after it reaches a certain temperature outside regardless of the time of year and the humidity here is also usually a problem.
Solar and Geo-Thermal.. A co-worker is a home builder on the side.. They used geothermal - heating and A/C are covered by this system.. Heating cost the Equiv of 325 USD for a whole year. Very efficient few moving parts..

Take an Energy Concepts College course you will see how easy it is.. Solar panels are coming down in price.. but are still like wind chargers a cost to return ratio of inefficiency in small lots.. fro the mount of space a solar field or charger farm takes up generate a small fraction of a safe steam turbine driven by nuclear fuel as 80% of France was. .and they used the older poorer quazi-soviet russian style.. like iraq tried to build many years ago.
and are [eye-sores] to look at.. and wind chargers kill large amounts of birds..
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts

Last edited by senshibat01; 01-22-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 2244
01-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senshibat01 View Post
Solar and Geo-Thermal.. A co-worker is a home builder on the side.. They used geothermal - heating and A/C are covered by this system.. Heating cost the Equiv of 325 USD for a whole year. Very efficient few moving parts..

Take an Energy Concepts College course you will see how easy it is.. Solar panels are coming down in price.. but are still like wind chargers a cost to return ratio of inefficiency in small lots.. fro the mount of space a solar field or charger farm takes up generate a small fraction of a safe steam turbine driven by nuclear fuel as 80% of France was. .and they used the older poorer quazi-soviet russian style.. like iraq tried to build many years ago.
and are [eye-sores] to look at.. and wind chargers kill large amounts of birds..
Honestly, a big part of the problem here is the government. The teachers here were forced to settle for less than what they had when they wanted more on the grounds that the government said, "Everyone needs to do their share in cutting back" when the government then turned around and dished out $21 million in Christmas bonuses to MP's (members of parliment). Things like education, space programs, and scientific advancement need funding badly but they always seem to be the first ones cut when the politicians need some more money to fuel their greedy habits!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,855
# 2245
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Aye never trust the intentions of them that would place their name on an ACT LAw.. Bridge or school during their own lifetimes..
then vote in one that excludeds their offices fro mthe very laws that govern a nation that elected them.
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 2246
01-22-2013, 05:08 PM
The problem is the people in Ontario vote Liberal!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,855
# 2247
01-23-2013, 04:14 AM
A fiscally irresponsible pack of bullies taking the cake from the mouths of
other provinces children by simple majority rule is no basis to form a society

see the fiscal danger inherent in the liberal system of tax borrow borrow more spend
insane budget caps to bribe a quick re-election.

Now a Weezer Song.. so we may once more smile. .with wind chil ladvisories and another auto in repair bay suckign wahts left of income away
--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkiatZjMyY
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 2248
01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
For Canada's most populated province (state), we have a debt of $11.9 billion. You compare that with Alberta and that they have about a quarter of the population and they have no provincial (state) debt. It may not be anything to shake a stick at in comparison to some other countries, provinces, and states but I think that is unacceptable and shouldn't even be a quarter of what it is at the highest.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 259
# 2249
01-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
For Canada's most populated province (state), we have a debt of $11.9 billion. You compare that with Alberta and that they have about a quarter of the population and they have no provincial (state) debt. It may not be anything to shake a stick at in comparison to some other countries, provinces, and states but I think that is unacceptable and shouldn't even be a quarter of what it is at the highest.
*cough* US *cough*
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 2250
01-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post
*cough* US *cough*
True but there are much worse off places. Look at Greece. They pretty much went bankrupt a couple of years ago and took a huge bail out from the EU. I don't remember the exact amount off hand but it was over 27 billion British Pounds Sterling. That is a massive chunk of cash and yet they blew that fast and had to ask for more. England cutting it's armed forces and actually entering into sharing of troops and resources for military with the French... That part of the world isn't so financial sound either. Debt seems to be way out of control on a global scale.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.