Captain
# 2901
11-22-2013, 05:10 PM
ah yes i remember it well.. you get treated poorly for 89 days on the 90th your a made member of the postafia if a career person..

but,yes. the system of colsign and consolidatign services ditn speed anything up.. to use the system one could conseavably mail a letter 2 blocks away that has to leave your state for the next biggest cities distro centre be cancelled and then sent back o nthe next days truck..
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Captain
# 2902
11-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I didn't last that long at UPS. I quit long before getting any where near a month. Staring at 3AM wasn't an issue for me but getting there was. Getting to work 3 hours early because that was the only way you could get there on time made for a much longer and boring shift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Captain
# 2903
11-23-2013, 05:20 AM
very.. i had to leave an hour early to make brothers schedule after car engine went out

ah for postie.. the bulk mail centre had a dock conveyor belt for semi open door empty weash repeat holiday forced ot didnt look too good im just to freedom lovign to spend 60 hours a week working to cover understaffing

and it was closed bid site you had to stay a year then lose seniority to escape to be anything else
i looked at being a mule for holiday and decline went to clerking and small site mail handling for 3 years on revolving contract then took a break joining airlines and then sub contracted then when back as a rual associate carrier then the lay off weeks before jr union membership kicked in they cut delievery budget

Last edited by senshibat01; 11-23-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Captain
# 2904
11-23-2013, 09:19 AM
For us, the trucks would back up to a barrier, you'd have one person in the trock to toss packages out to a slide a few feet away and that would take it down to the belt to take it to sorting. We were always told to not worry about what was in it. Speed was the key, even if you heard smash. The way they packed some of those trucks, packages with glass in them that had been handled poorly would have glass shards sticking out. Others with liquids would be leaking and so on. The few nights I worked there, I ruined 3 outfits and I walked out of there each day at 11AM looking like I was homeless from being so dirty.

Some Doctor Who Techno/Trance for the 50th.
Quote:
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Captain
# 2905
11-24-2013, 05:14 AM
aye another reason the outsourcing was they would except items the other service would not. I preferred the Military mails smaller base office just an occasional sack that wasn't turned inside out and barring a year old letter also the sack were washed and displayed with military parade field precision
Captain
# 2906
11-24-2013, 07:18 AM
The military does things efficiently and are reliable. You don't see that in today's mail or courier systems very often. We need more military order and less unions.

Did everyone enjoy the 50th Doctor Who special? From what I have seen around the STO boards, I'm probably one of the few that thought it was too short, didn't include enough of the classic Doctor's, and that it was more or less a cliche string of quotes full of stupid baby talk. Geeze... I can't stress enough how much I loathe all of the new Doctor's with the exception of Capaldo so far. I saw so much unused potentioal that was passed up. Tom Baker should have been in full costume at some point and it really would have been nice for him and all of the classic Doctor's to have some screen time to integrate in to the final... I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it. It wasn't great but it could have been worse also.
Quote:
Captain
# 2907
11-24-2013, 04:13 PM
i miss Sara.. and due to remote location without sat not gettign that channel hope to fidn something youtubish on it thought.. miss the good fun.
Captain
# 2908
11-25-2013, 05:52 AM
I never could get in to the Sarah Jane Adventures. It just seemed too Tomb Raiderish. Have you checked Amazon On-Demand? Even if it's not free for Prime, they usually have some decent prices on renting or buying digital seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Hulu has it also but they put ads in everything. Totally not worth it for that reason.
Quote:
Captain
# 2909
11-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Mute buttons are your friend.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 2910
11-25-2013, 03:29 PM
i once had a Zap-it recorder for those days i dint want to miss something but hatign all the adverts..

-------------------
rip brian griffin