Lt. Commander
# 651
12-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh yes... The Rudders nice ..

The Joystick had a throttle macro.. the Better sets w separate programmable and a great many pre programmed from a menu. .

Easily calibrated thru MS game controller then Tweaked to the Actual Sim via an in game test.

Easily the most frustrating thing here is you cant even barrel roll a peregrine..

Multi function Hat Switch Separate Cannon and Missile / Bomb commands.. Plus MAcro Text button.
I( had a friend that was never in Service his Father was Navy..

I took F-15E over he looked at the 400 page Flight manual and i said.. This was designed as two cooperatives in pone plane too many controls .. Then we taxied off an ITalian Base and buzzed Libya. .
2 Mig blips came on the DArk.. and a Naval Carrier Strike Group..

I said.. Ok Mike. . Im going to throttle up watch the threats for SAMS Soviets sold some nasty things to old Daffy. First sight of a Mud launch tell me the type.. So i can time it cross the nose and beat it in a turn dropping Chaff or Flares.. "MUD SPIKE" SA- ##

Look TWo Fish Beds.[mig 21s]. ok we out climb them no sweat lead the SAM right at them..
Spoof the SAMS.. Launch Sparrow... We surprised the MIGS they try a scissors to envelope us..
SAMS acquire the Naval Aviators..

MIGS launch IR and close to guns.. try to wagon wheel formation making them sitting ducks to Ranged missiles a MIG 25 Foxbat comes on intercept DAR Vectoring at the NAvy..

DAR shows AWACS then The Massive Long Range Ring on the F-14 Phoenix Missle..
Flippign the MFD screens 20km out the MIG 21s turn and run the MIG 25 alone heads at the F-14s F 18 F/A A-6 And the EA-6B Prowler starts Jamming Radar.. IFF lights up like a christmas tree.

I pull the Stick back for a half loop and gain the 6 of the Mig 25 and lanch 2 sparrows.. then air brakes and the Mig 21s over shoot me I fire a Sidewinder and go Winchester. "SPLASH 2" Damage the Mig 25.. it bolts.

MAster Caution *****ing Betty Lights up.. "BINGO FUEL bingo fuel" Time to RTB or try a carrier landing as an emergency.. ah yes loads of fun. Wheels down Aviano Air Base

Missles can dull a good pilot to forget some basic or ACM for Guns..
Lt. Commander
# 652
12-12-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm still not sold on Macros, although I have a few keyboards that do them. Mapping is one thing but you don't see pilots using macros and such to fly aircraft. Then again, most of them just turn on the auto pilot and sleep the entire flight. I used to paly the Jane's flight sims and those were very detailed. When the manual for the game is larger than the average city's phone book, that should tell you something. Flying is something I've always had a small interest in due to an interest in the military or helicopters for recreation. Then again, that interest spans over a lot of powerful things. I also used to enjoy Microsoft Train Simulator as well. If it's big and powerful, big and flies, or small and flies. I've probably wanted to get behind the controls of it.

Edit: For the record, that includes ships, submarines, etc. Not sure if you what what a tunnel boaring machine is but that would be amazing to rip through the side of a mountain with.
Lt. Commander
# 653
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Tontine : \Ton*tine"\, n. [F., To all the Air Warriors
we lost that served well in all services and joined with us to form a community of respect and Honour.

If you ever saw the Analog layout of a Space Shuttle and a Pre MFD **** pit of an DC 10 or 747 you'd be
be in a comfort zone.

I really liked Microprose for 14 Fleet Defender models of Naval action and their campaign system and the Apache sim they did was nice for Flight Section Tactics.. [nothing quite beats flying up front in a scout chopper i rode in back of many troop ships] Totally Deaf experience when you have to troop lead 5 platforms.

I really enjoyed Rails West and Rails some early PC board game Hybrid variations
for going in areas both detailed and simple social fun.. I miss the fine German Air Bucks which was full of missed opportunities,, because the non mod was too old and ended shy of nice 3d cards coming into the market.

it was followed up by something i call air Sims as it was so dreadful at industry management. but gave a nice tile airport layout dynamic that worked.

I don't want to wear no stinkin tie to my PC at home and get a stroke looking at ledger sheets.. I liked working at a real airport for the Government and a private carrier. for the great parallels the real industry people took out of the Great Trains railroads pathways and location hubs.

Air Bucks was made with some humour and it takes guts to line a flight line with converted DC3s and run a mail freight passenger service in an icy climate. [DE icing oh my...The Norwegians have a saying <right momo> There is no bad weather only bad clothes

I miss a good sub sim.. made for better romulan training..
but Fighting steel was King of the last Generation of Battleships and advent of Naval Air power. .ever real and planned ship of wwII was modeled a grand campaign and convoy defence raiding and historic battles.
I liked one you needed a gym floor to do to scale the Battle of Jutland Ships and map movement great fog of war.. and a nice almost WAr College measuring set to plot movement orders like Wooden Ships and iron men.

Age of Sails is more my past bailiwick of joy Trafalgar.. Crew Quality modifiers matter.
But i miss the Napoleonic fleets and actions.. a mass of Divisions and Task forces spread out by weather and linked by signal and Runners prior to radio it took amazing skill and luck to tact a 3 master in a wind.

You come out of the fog and seethe Real MAdrid Trinidad or Ville De Paris starign at you with a clear boradsides its takes daft control not to strike the colours.

Rule BRITANIA
http://www.art.com/products/p1205922...tkid=15069683&
Lt. Commander
# 654
12-12-2011, 03:16 PM
So is 10Forward trading the stars for skies?
Lt. Commander
# 655
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
So is 10Forward trading the stars for skies?
Nah! Just some of Q's Winter Wonderland boots. [= It's a shame they only last for 30 hours though.
Lt. Commander
# 656
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Nah! Just some of Q's Winter Wonderland boots. [= It's a shame they only last for 30 hours though.
If you want them recharged I can stare at them.
Lt. Commander
# 657
12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Why do my boots feel very warm all of the sudden? Ooh, who's BBQing pork ribs?
Lt. Commander
# 658
12-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizarone View Post
Why do my boots feel very warm all of the sudden? Ooh, who's BBQing pork ribs?
I'll get to work on the honey BBQ sauce!
Lt. Commander
# 659
12-13-2011, 07:14 AM
There was last years Evil Entity dumping Ensign Pork Rind[a Tellarite Chef] in the Replicator
then running over Dawson with a Train on the Holodeck.. On the DevilFish [sto radios flagship]

For the radio supporters Q disguised himself as The Sisko ..sort of a El Cid type.
for a reincarnation ceremony at the DS9 Prophets shrine

For the DJS "The Corporation" used a Transporter Buff back up to clone them back.

Some Targs have Real Personality and you just cant bring yourself to make bacon and you set them free.

THE SKIES.. yeah a great Holosuite idea... as long as your Holiday scarf dosent do a Isadora Duncan on you you should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 660
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Mmmm. Honey glazed Targ ham.