Lt. Commander
# 1 Golden Tribble.
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi there,

I filed a GM ticket about this but I got a canned 'working as intended visit the forums for more information' response.

I bought the golden tribble from the C-store, which said that it would unlock it for all my chars, but I am unable to find/use the golden tribble when playing on the klingon side.

I know klingons do not get a buff from tribbles but I wanted to use it for my bridge officer (which the c-store said I could...)

Is this a bug, and if not... why say lead me to beleive I could use it on all my chars when I cant?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
The rivera tribble was a Target preorder item. For the target preorder, it was intended for fed side only and the klingons would get the pet targ.

People asked for the items so after they met there contractual arrangement with Target they were then able to put those items on the C-store.

On the C-store it is an either or thing, you can buy the tribble for your federation characters and you can also buy the pet targ for your klingon players. The targs do not give a buff like the tirbbles do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
The rivera tribble was a Target preorder item. For the target preorder, it was intended for fed side only and the klingons would get the pet targ.

People asked for the items so after they met there contractual arrangement with Target they were then able to put those items on the C-store.

On the C-store it is an either or thing, you can buy the tribble for your federation characters and you can also buy the pet targ for your klingon players. The targs do not give a buff like the tirbbles do.
Im a bit confused because I didnt get it as a pre order, I paid 120 c store points for it and it said it unlocked it for all char. Confused...

Re-read what you wrote makes more sense now, but I'm pretty sure it still said it unlocked for all chars, I dont think it mentioned a limitation for kling side. Ill double check though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Store
Purchase of this option unlocks the Rivera tribble for every Federation character on an account. Klingon characters do not get buffs from tribbles.
there it is, Federation characters only, it would have said "every character on an account" if it was available for KDF. I think the "Klingon characters do not get buffs from tribbles." refers to fed Klingons in particular, since you can purchase the tribble with a fed klingon, but you don't get the buffs if you try to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
there it is, Federation characters only.
Fair enough, will teach me not to skim read I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
there it is, Federation characters only, it would have said "every character on an account" if it was available for KDF. I think the "Klingon characters do not get buffs from tribbles." refers to fed Klingons in particular, since you can purchase the tribble with a fed klingon, but you don't get the buffs if you try to use it.
KDF can get buffs from tribbles it is just certain tribbles do not like Klingons. The other tribbles in the c-store will work with Klingons and the holographic-referal tribble will work with Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Its more a racial thing on the KDF side - e.g gorn/nausi/klink BOs will refuse to use ANY tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikonov
Its more a racial thing on the KDF side - e.g gorn/nausi/klink BOs will refuse to use ANY tribble.
And the tribbles will not let those races use them the tribbles freak out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie

Yes, except the Tribble/Targ was the Bestbuy preorder. The Target Preorder is the TR-116 Rifle.
They were each one sided, except some lucky feds got the Targ for the Q aniversery party.

And Klingons & Gorn CAN use the Borg, Fluidic and holographic tribbles. Although they tend to run to a corner to hide before tyring to pet them then hold them at a distance with a revolted look on their face.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinubabear View Post
Yes, except the Tribble/Targ was the Bestbuy preorder. The Target Preorder is the TR-116 Rifle.
They were each one sided, except some lucky feds got the Targ for the Q aniversery party.

And Klingons & Gorn CAN use the Borg, Fluidic and holographic tribbles. Although they tend to run to a corner to hide before tyring to pet them then hold them at a distance with a revolted look on their face.
Wow that is right it was a best buy the Target preorder was the TR-116.

I stated they can use the other tribbles on the c-store just didnt name those tribbles. As well as my listing the referral tribble.