Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
Sry, but you totally missed my point!

I would be the holonovel writer, and the user, who play the story, would act as he/she would be Wesley. I even plan on adding some major canon mistakes, which you have to correct as the player of this act.
I don't think I did miss it. What you seem to be proposing is basically a story where Wesley, the least experienced and most junior character, is the hero and saves the day, which is exactly what caused all the fan hate in the first place and is just what the wesley article on tv tropes is about.

There's no option in the mission system to fail so the player _has_ to succeed, thus Wesley, whose point of view the player is forced into, has to win and be the hero and save the day. You seem to have fallen into the fanfic trap of rewriting history to suit your view of how things _should_ have been, rather than trying to entertain the player.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to write a Foundry mission featuring Wesley but I don't see anyything in what you've said that inspires optimism.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
So if you use a character, it cannot resemble an actor.
Or there is tried and true......"was in a horrible accident and we had reconstruct their face, but it wasn't QUITE exact." :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Wesley Crusher should be the President of the Federation or at the very least head of the Daystrom Institute.

He was so gifted, the traveler said so. I intend to really flesh out his character and make some back story. Of his life since TNG era.

They also need his rainbow jumpsuit he wore in season one, in the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Moved to the Foundry-Discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
can someone make a good foundry mission where Wesley dies and is never to be heard or spoken of again? please? I will rate you 5 stars no matter how he dies, just that he does.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
can someone make a good foundry mission where Wesley dies and is never to be heard or spoken of again? please? I will rate you 5 stars no matter how he dies, just that he does.
You know this can't be done. The first reason is Wesley Crusher is indestructible. Some people wisper behind the hand, he is actually V'ger's son. Second CBS and Cryptic won't be happy about it. Either CBS decide this or none.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
You know this can't be done. The first reason is Wesley Crusher is indestructible. Some people wisper behind the hand, he is actually V'ger's son. Second CBS and Cryptic won't be happy about it. Either CBS decide this or none.
even if he were to fight....say....chuck norris?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
You can read the EULA for Foundry here.

The relevant part to this discussion is the following:

**You may not use the first or last names, likenesses, or other depictions of any actors appearing in, or writers, directors, or producers of the Star Trek Properties. **
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-28-2011, 04:31 PM
From the Foundry EULA:
Quote:
You my use the names of characters (past or present) from the Star Trek Properties.

Prohibited Uses of the Star Trek Properties:
-You may not use the first names, likenesses, or other decipitatios of any actors appearing in, or writers, directors, or producers of the Star Trek Properties.
So, the first part of the quote says you can use ANY names of the STP. So, I could call the player toon Wesley Crusher all the time, with no fearing to cross the EULA.

The second part says I can't create a Wesley Crusher NPC, who really would look like Wil Weathon, nor could I call some NPC in the Mission Wil Weathon.

The new question is now a already old one in the forums here, which was nevere really been answered:
- Would a white, caucasian male with brown hair, NPC called Wesley Crusher cross the EULA even if he doesen't look at all like Wil Weathon?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
That's real fuzzy territory.