As a player that pugs 95% of the time, and as a part of a fleet that has players that have the ability to excel in premade and pug matches, I wish to share with you how we apply ourselves and our minds to the battleshpere.
The text is very old, and invaluable.
1. All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
2.If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
3. The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
4. It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
5. It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.
6. One defends when his strength is inadequate, he attacks when it is abundant.
7. Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization.
8.When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum. When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing.
9. The expert in battle seeks his victory from strategic advantage and does not demand it from his men.
10. Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.
11. Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.
Have fun kill bad guys
-thrusters on full-
Last edited by thishorizon; 07-31-2013 at 09:43 AM.
it almost seems like he had sto in mind when he wrote all that lol
More like life in general in mind. If you follow the teachings of Sun Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi you will realize life is war, everything we go through in our lives is a battle. Live by their words, follow their advice, and you will come out on top more often than not in almost everything you do.
So maybe people will stop calling out "noob runner" when outnumbered 5 to 2? Or is that just trying to instigate someone into returning and dying?
That's exactly what they are trying to do. Make you fight the battle their way so you lose everytime. It's a classic strategy, and they use a false sense of honor to try and shame you into fighting their battle and losing. It's so obvious that I find it funny. People think they are being smart by trying to ridicule you into death and loss. Some people fall for it, others don't. It all depends on the ego, people with huge egos can't take the loss of control and ridicule so they rush in and die. Sun Tzu was a genius.
I haven't seen sun tzu mention in his literature that you have to drown the other team in spam though, enough spam to lag the game to near unplayability.
They need to rename PvP to PvS. Player versus spam.